Need help, new knife.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bafiskio

Reaction score
So I am sure that this post has been here 1000 times but I can't find one for my specific needs. I just got promoted and would like to treat myself to a new knife. I have around 350 to spend and I am all over the boards on my search. I currently own a shun kaji chef knife and it is pretty much all I use except for my 3 dollar kiwi Thai chef knife and my 10 dollar ceramic pairing knife. I also use my Dexter boning knife for the meat. I work 14-16 hours a day in the kitchen with maybe 8 of the hours using the knife. I want something that will last me some years. I currently do have a very good guy who sharpens my knives and my head chefs knife. He is more that capable of doing any style of knife and I would trust him with any knife that I would by no matter how much it cost, or how delicate it is. Thank you for any feedback.

I'm glad Jon jumped in....since you're in L.A., you NEED to go to Jon's store to get a flavor of whats available to you. There are actually very few cities in the USA that have a store dedicated to J-knives, LA was one of the last cities to get one, and this is it. Plus, no matter where you are in LA, going to Venice will remind you that you're alive.

+2 when Jon gets back stop in and he will help find the right knife for you.

I have actually been on you site many times, I work at the Morrison in Los Feliz. I have looked through practically every item on your site. Honestly though I am newer to knives and I do not know where to start on there. I was going to come in last week but I noticed on your site that you were in Japan. and no offense to your wife at all, I am actually positive she knows more about knives than I ever will but I would like to shop from the mastermind.

Back