• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 240 Shig kasumi gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
This is probably a long shot, and I know I just sold a Shig gyuto, but does anybody have a lightly used, stock, 240 Shig kasumi that they might be interested in selling?

I changed my mind, I'll just wait for Maxim to get some. The money is just eating a hole in my pocket. :)

separation anxiety?

I don't miss that particular Shig, I just want to see one that is in OOTB, or close to it, condition (mine had needed thinning as soon as I got it, so I've never seen what they are really like brand new).

Wasn't expecting my Takeda to go so quick, so now the money is really going to be burning a hole in my pocket. Let's do this thing, if somebody has a Shig, before I change my mind again. :)

when i got mine it needed a lot of stone time, and i had planned on rehandling it. after some use, i realized it''s so good as a whole package and best left alone so i definitely see your reasoning. although i did acid etch it and really like the result. :D

You know what, gonna buy another Heiji, instead. 3 is not enough.

I think you should try the Hide that is on its way to you before you buy a fourth Heiji. I'm just sayin'. :2cents:

already placed the order with JKI. I can always buy a Hide down the road, if I like it. :) I had money burning a hole in my pocket, and I know I love the Heiji, plus my existing 240 semi-stainless is down below 48mm at the heel now and I want to spread the wear, so it made sense. :)

Are you getting another 240 semi stainless gyuto, EdipisReks?

I've had a heiji for two days, and one is not enough.

I came pretty damn close to buying that Kato that just popped up a couple hours back. I don't need another one at all. Whatsoever. I just WANT another one so I can recreate the Moe image from Justin's avatar.

I came pretty damn close to buying that Kato that just popped up a couple hours back. I don't need another one at all. Whatsoever. I just WANT another one so I can recreate the Moe image from Justin's avatar.

hah. if that had popped up 2 hours earlier, i would have bought it. been wanting to try a Kato that hadn't been thickened up.

Back