• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starting to really thin the collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck239

Reaction score
240 Michael Rader 52100 gyuto $575
Dave Martell 300mm Wa Suji (bought as a second because of a small crack in the handle but it was filled and you can't even notice it, asking $450)
Dave Martell 240 Western Gyuto $415 (small crack in handle at the mosaic pin)
Rader 1.jpgRader 2.jpgMartell Gyuto.jpgMartell Handle.jpgMartell Suji 1.jpgMartell Suji 3.jpg

Tillman 270 short gyuto $350
Gengetsu 240 white #2 stainless clad gyuto $335
Yoshiaki Fujiwara 240 gyuto $475
Tilman 3.jpgTilman 1.jpgKato 2.jpgKato 1.jpgGengetsu 2.jpgGengetsu 1.jpg

Sanetsu 270 zdp-189 $450 reground by TK59 much thinner and a much better cutter than before
Blazen 270 rehandled with sefan handle (converted western to Wa) $325
A type 270 suji $225
A type suji 3.jpgA type suji.jpgBlazen 2.jpgBlazen 1.jpgzdp handle.jpgZDP 1.jpg

I just spent $560 on automotive repairs this afternoon. Had this thread manifested 12 hours earlier, I would be walking to work for another two weeks with a Rader in my knife roll.

Good luck.

Carter Nakiri $300
Nenox 240 corian gyuto $375
Suisen inox honyaki 240 gyuto custom stefan handle $375

suisin 4.jpg
suisin.jpg
suisin 1.jpg
Nenox 3.jpg
Nenox 1.jpg
carter6.jpg
carter1.jpg

O
M
G

One hell of a sale...
I already have both a Rader Martell gyuto and this thread makes me think i should have 2 of each....

Is the Tillman Nilox? How bout a spine shot?

O
M
G

One hell of a sale...
I already have both a Rader Martell gyuto and this thread makes me think i should have 2 of each....

Is the Tillman Nilox? How bout a spine shot?

Yes, the Tillman is Nilox. Great steel. Spine shot=very thin. I will try to get one tomorrow but it is his typical super thin grind.

-Chuck

Ok, at work. I have a ton of PM's to respond to when I get home today.

-Chuck

when you gonna finish the slicer???????!!!!!!lol. it's only been a year and a half or so. just given you a hard time buddy!:lol2:

Ok. To answer a few questions that have been asked.

Carter Nakiri: 180mm edge length 200mm handle to tip. White Steel. Custom Stefan handle (not sure on wood)
Blazen 270: converted from western to Wa handle. Another custom Stefan handle. (work done by Tilman a few years ago)
Kato 240 gyuto: Sharpened twice, only used a handful of times. After receiving the knife and it having a POS handle that wobbled very bad I had to have it replaced. Upgraded to an ichi octagon handle from JKI.
Martell Suji: 0-1 steel, 300mm, 42mm tall. The handle is Ziricote and Maple.

Martel Gyuto- SOLD
A-type suji- SOLD
Rader- SPF
Tillman- SPF

I had never seen an A Type suji, that is one beautiful looking slicer.

Kato- SOLD
Martel Gyuto- SOLD
A-type suji- SOLD
Rader- SPF
Tillman- SPF

Back