Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are knives your passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    If you can't find what you are looking for, make your own.

M
    I feel ya there. With little kids though, time is the thing I have the least of. Plus, I have a feeling my skill level isn't going to measure up to my expectations. I'm gonna try the modification and custom routes first.

I'm really actually passionate about women... but the one I have insists that I can't acquire more. The knives are less restrictive. Hence it is an easier hobby.

Actually I just crave the best that you can have for smart money. Like there is always "the best" at some ridiculous markup, then there are honestly good things that cost a reasonable amount of money. I love being able to acquire and enjoy such things. Niche grade heirloom quality at slightly above average prices.

Man there are some great answers here. For me I think an "All of the above" is in order.

I'll add that while I am passionate about the knives I covet, It wouldn't be nearly what it is without this crazy group we have here. It's YOU guys that fuel the passion with the quest for the perfect edge, perfect geometry, perfect steel, perfect handle, and perfect knife. If you didn't make it so much fun I'd probably spend more time and money on something else.
    - Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Man there are some great answers here. For me I think an "All of the above" is in order.

I'll add that while I am passionate about the knives I covet, It wouldn't be nearly what it is without this crazy group we have here. It's YOU guys that fuel the passion with the quest for the perfect edge, perfect geometry, perfect steel, perfect handle, and perfect knife. If you didn't make it so much fun I'd probably spend more time and money on something else.
    The Tater is right on. Its the group that makes it so much more enjoyable
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

I'll have to third the notion that the knife knut community helps to keep the passion going. It's not just the way we can build up enthusiasm as a group, but also because we keep learning and exploring as a group.
    Len

Hello, My knife passion,hum.. Some people ( SOME ) walk through life trying this and that and having difficulty finding their passion. Well my passion for all things knives started in the boyscouts. I remember being enthralled with that first boyscout knife. As time passed and life went on, I got involved in many different arts but they never really stuck. One day back in 2005-2006, my friend was so proud of his pukka knife. I held it and it reminded me of the boyscout knife I once had. I ordered a few knives and some wood and went to work. I was enchanted. If I had my way I would spend 70% of the day in the shop. The rest of the day would be sleeping, eating, and-you know what--oh and a little love in between.lol
    I also fell in love with wood. All kinds of wood,burls,quilted, spalted, crotches and swirls,also the ones that have some nice curls.
    Well , I cant say but im scared if I ever wanted to go full time- and counted on it for all my bread and butter- it may not be as fun. So ill keep moving at the pace i am, and someday when there is less responsibility I will sieze the day. Thanks Mark

I am passionate about my knives because I use them constantly, all day long to make my living. I have been doing it for years now and having the best tools makes the job that much more enjoyable.