Back Yard Visitor

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I live in the city so a visitor like this is highly unusual. This is the second sighting with the first just seeing the tail as she jumped over a fence.

Shot taken with a Nikon D7000, distance 200+ feet with a 300mm lense.
DWS_0543.jpg
DWS_0543.jpg

You kidding all east coast is over crowded. I'm surprised he has that much room for a back yard. Btw great shot, not always easy to get.

200 feet with a 300 Savage is even more rewarding! Still fun to see. We had a doe and fawn running through our neighbors tonight.

fresh backstrap, cast iron crispy fried tater and onions and a little black pepper gravy. I prefer my Ruger 300 win mag, not that I don't love the savage, I have a .243 and a .270.

Nice shot @200'!

We used to get them in our backyard all the time....but it's been a while since we saw any.

I guess everything is relative. Up in Dutchess County the deer run rampant and are an all too common sight. We put up deer fencing over ten years ago to keep them out of the yards and the flowers and the shrubs and the veggies and the .....
Still that is a nice shot from 200'.

Our neighbors behind us have 8 acres so we see them prancing around quite a bit. Our four dogs tend to keep them out of our yard.

Not a day goes by that I don't see at least a few on my commute through the woods into the city....Maybe I should stop driving 80mph...

fresh backstrap, cast iron crispy fried tater and onions and a little black pepper gravy. I prefer my Ruger 300 win mag, not that I don't love the savage, I have a .243 and a .270.

I'm there! :hungry:

Back