Quantcast
Knife budget - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife budget

What's a "budget"?

Cost doesn't matter, just have them send it to the office so the wife doesn't find out. When she figures out there's a new one tell her that it's an old one that you had re-handled for a good price.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    Cost doesn't matter, just have them send it to the office so the wife doesn't find out. When she figures out there's a new one tell her that it's an old one that you had re-handled for a good price.

Hoss
    LOL!!!!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

No social life + no girlfriend= lots of money for knives

Oh Devin, We would love to see your collection some day. For sure you don't have trouble getting on the DT waiting list. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    the more into knives you get the more you are willing to spend. i started off thinking $100 was high.
    BIG +1 on this!

I overextended myself in the past with my knife purchases. I have since reined things in but there was definitely no budget that I was working from, and no trust fund or lottery winnings that I was pulling from!
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Oh Devin, We would love to see your collection some day. For sure you don't have trouble getting on the DT waiting list. LOL
    If we get too many here at the house, my wife makes me give them away to the locals. Move to Panaca and you'll probably get one.

Love and respect

Hoss

It's all about feeling out the wifey. Throw out the idea first; "dang this guy is nearly giving away this knife"...if the response is, "ah, don't even think about it", then I will usually just let it go. BUT, if she just bought a new purse I may be able to guilt her into letting me!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

at this point most of my knife purchases are customs or used out of bst. i kind of justify purchasing knives as a way of saving money, or atleast putting money away so i dont spend it. knives are like savings bonds. incase of emergency i can cash them out if necessary. theres always more fish in the sea for down the road too.

the wife thing reminds me of a story I heard about in a gun shop of a guy that would leave the house with an empty gun case and pretend to head to the range, instead he went to a gun shop and filled the empty case with a new purchase and returned home.

+ Reply to Thread