Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you have on your wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    "Not wearing a rolex isnt the best for it's overall health"

You can get watch storage units/boxes for self winding watches that move so they keep the watches running. Not all that expensive and less $$$ than repairs.

Dave
    yea..i wasnt smart enough to have an electrical outlet installed in my safes.

for the record. setting the time on a rolex datejust sucks. letting that thing stop is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    yea..i wasnt smart enough to have an electrical outlet installed in my safes.
    That's unfortunate however they do make battery operated models or better yet just schedule the watch for all perils on your homeowners for about $20 a year and stop worrying about it. I don't have any more difficulty setting the time on a Datejust than any other Rolex. I've had one stop a few times. Just shake it or wind it manually and then you are back on track.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

I received a few new ones this weekend:

1998 Explorer II

1972 Datejust with linen dial (the texture doesn't show up in the photo)

Fortis Cosmonaut

I also have a 1969 pre-moon Speedy coming to me. It's being conservatively restored, right now, but is just about done.

Been wearing this for 12 years now. Works as new.

When I turned 30 my parents wanted to give me some nice present and they came up with an idea of good quality watch and knowing how picky I am on my stuff, they gave me some money and so I had not other way round than look at high quality watches. I got quickly surprised how much these lovely buggers cost After quite some search Oris Chronoris caught my eye and that is what I got. Today - 5 years later - I still wore it daily (with exception when doing sport or some harder manual work). Yes - Seamester would be lovely, but I would not be able to justify 4x the already high price I payed for the Chronoris.

P.S. Those cool leather gloves are as close as I ever got to actually buying a motorbike (the 'small' HD Sportster would be my choice). I still have the gloves ... and the dream

No watch.

11 mm sterling with designer wrap.

Sad to say, but as an electrician, no metal on my hands or wrists. Otherwise I would buy this http://www.luminox.com/watches/sea/?watch=A.8153.RP

I just can't justify buying it if I will only wear it occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    Sad to say, but as an electrician, no metal on my hands or wrists. Otherwise I would buy this http://www.luminox.com/watches/sea/?watch=A.8153.RP

I just can't justify buying it if I will only wear it occasionally.
    Nice Luminox.

I don't wear my watches nearly often enough. When I have the opportunity, I go for the Omega Seamaster. White dial over stainless with 18K bezel. I also enjoy a Bulova Precisionist and Hamilton Jazzmaster.

When I count how many "shigs" are in my watch box, I wonder if I shouldn't have stopped after the first though.

Couple years ago bought a Citizen Eco-Drive dress watch leather band. My original Titanium Eco -Drive finally quit working after 13+ years. Water tight to the end, never thought it would last this long. Will never go back to a battery watch.

I like watches but as a hobby it's a bit much monetarily. Im happy with one watch. Now pens, or camera lenses, I don't think so. But I can live with one watch. Mine currently happens to be this one:

14060m
    by lmaousrs, on Flickr