Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: watching NBA post black mamba

watching NBA post black mamba

nobody really excited me enough to watch basketball besides kobe bryant. now that he's retired, i need to find new player to follow, but nobody really captures my attention like the mamba used to. i don't think anyone else in the league has that same type of killer instinct besides maybe russell westbrook but he sucks at defense which is half the game!

so perhaps i should take a different approach, i really like defensive players such as rodman and ben wallace. greg oden would have been a monster had he not caught the injury herpes. so who out there is an elite defensive star that is also proficient at creating their own plays on offense? i can only think of jimmy butler right now, but he's still not quite at his potential.

two notable names: anthony davis and kawhi leonard. while great, theyre both boring to watch.

I'm not into basketball, but I've seen some bits and pieces of Wizards' games the last few weeks and John Wall is pretty talented.

Joel Embiid if he can manage to stay healthy.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Draymond Green is a defensive wizard

no love for Lebron?

i hate lebron

kawai leonard lights out defender. elite scorer and impressive upwards trajectory but you won't get all the cockiness so maybe not exciting enough for you. my current fav player is AD but he lacks some fire and leadership, i hope something changes for him that will turn him into a KG like player. i really don't get what's there to hate about lebron, im not his fan but the dude is lights out the best and a big time playoff performer.

Like you said Davis and kawhi are both phenomenal defenders but don't move the needle much, though I'd argue Davis is entertaining but he makes things look easy. I'm a warriors fan from childhood, so watching draymond work on both ends is super entertaining. KD alongside him as well is an incredible defender, but again his game makes things appear easy and thus a bit boring. You could watch Rudy Gobert on the jazz control re paint, but you'd have to slog through watching the jazz offense. If you're a casual fan looking for a connection, embiid is quite fun and he's got a really unique skill set, but my pick would be giannis antetokounmpo on the bucks. Him playing point, his euro step, the whole thing is just crazy to watch. If you want great team ball, watch the warriors.

agreed that embiid ca become my guy. been excited about him since his year in college snd learning that he only started playing at 14

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    i hate lebron