Quantcast
Modern Snake Oil
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Snake Oil

Modern Snake Oil

Are there any out there that actually work? I mean are there any products that will help with over all health or specific conditions? I've tried a few over the years with limited success. Let's hear about some that you've tried.

Hoss

Grew up with lots of aunts around and god knows what they gave me... In my adult age, I did try a couple but with zero success; honestly the biggest difference for me has been eating better, and excercise has done it for me.

Black Walnut Tincture.
    I am guessing Son might know about this stuff. It's a Native American thing.
    Gives a bit more energy, helps with healing and gets rid of intestinal parasites.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Wild Turkey.

Tried lots of different things over the years to fix different ailments. Nothing worked better than a high protein, moderate fat, low carb clean diet with lots of cardio, interval training, and good night's sleep.

When that doesn't work... Wild Turkey.

If you are taking a statin, you should take co Q 10, this isn't snake oil as the research is pretty good that it is important. Fish oil capsules have a mixed record but on balance is probably a good thing

Beet juice has a very good track record and some research is it is excellent shows for circulatory problems.

Most people don't get enough Vitamin D it appears so that supplement is probably a good idea.

All this based on my reading as I am not a medical doctor!

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Clearly I'm a Wild Turkey fan, but I've found that St. John's Wort can be pretty effective for minor depression and as a sleep aid....speaking for myself only.

tablespoon of honey everyday. its antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. works great on burns and ulcerative wounds. Been used for thousands of years by soldiers and folk healers. aloe vera the whole plant not the processed drink, awesome on burns and rashes and general overall health. My dad used to eat a silver dollar sized piece everyday and never got sick. onions, garlic and scallions, good for lowering the cholesterol and possible reducing some forms of cancer. My grandfather ate an onion like an apple everyday and he never got sick but, he also drank two fifths of whiskey everyday.lol Don't forget the yogurt.all of that beneficial flora aids in proper digestion but, studies show that beneficial gut flora can aid in the prevention of many diseases including diabetes and heart disease. Get your teeth cleaned and checked regularly, oddly enough there is alot of proof that poor tooth and gum health can in fact cause some forms of heart disease. The bacteria found in your mouth can get into the bloodstream and weaken the heart. Go to the dentist. If you get a root canal make sure they give you antibiotics and you take them all. root canals are just bacteria reservoirs.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

oh yeah eat your fruits and vegetables.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I have been taking fish oil for years. Then I saw on the news a few days ago that there might be serious health threats linked to it. It seems like everything will kill you sooner or later. I would suggest staying away from processed foods, growth hormones, unnecessary antibiotics, dyes all that crap.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread