What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
just got this back from being serviced by Rick Littlefield of piecesoftime.net. I couldn't be happier with it. There was a big dent on the clasp, hence the photo of the re-finished clasp. 1968 GMT Master.

I've amassed a few of these Casio Frogman series...they are becoming more rare.
frogman.jpg

I sport an "I <3 boobies" bracelet... prolly not quite what you were looking for

this, only expensive watch i have left.

used to have an all steel rolex, gone now. money matters. not gonna let go of this one even if money gets real tight.

also have this as a daily driver.

IMG8380-L.jpg

not my picture, i have one of the 2nd to the left watch. had it since high school. won't let go of that one either.

haven't bought a watch since these guys. been thinking of changing it up and getting a g-shock so i don't mind if it gets scuffed up and all that.

also had a cartier bracelet, that one got stolen.

Nothing. Never got into fancy watches and wore cheap ones. At one point invested $500 in a Swiss chronometer which I thought was plenty for a watch, the chrono stopped a few days after the warranty expired, the repair was supposed to be more than the buying price and I just had enough. Now I don't wear any watch.

Stefan

That sucks. Rolex wanted $1200 to even look at my GMT (this was my Dad's, and I have all the papers and packaging for it), and I doubt they even would have worked on it, due to age. Funny to walk around with this much money on my wrist, though. I bought a new Citizen Eco to wear while this was being worked on, and I plan on continuing to wear it most days...

i'm currently wearing this:
AT8010-58E_zoom.png

nice! I love the Omega Seamaster inspired face texture. my Citizen is this:

281694808_MV_ZM.jpg

now that I have my GMT Master back, I plan on getting a leather or cork strap for the Citizen. I also need to find my Seiko Kinetic, which is somewhere... Once I get my MBA, I hope to get myself a vintage Speedmaster, Paul Newman Daytona(or maybe an Explorer, if I can't find the PN Daytona at a decent price), or El Primero, as a congratulation gift, but I'll probably just buy knives. :)

yeah... i liked it because it was simple and elegant... not overdone. And i love techie gadgets, ergo the ecodrive and atomic clock ;)

Usually at least one purple rubber band(or up to 10) from an asparagus bunch if I'm working the line.
It just gets me in the zone.
But only then.
It starts to cut off my circulation, veins a' poppin', and it irritates my carpal tunnel.

I gave up watches a long time ago. It's against Health Code now, and all my nice ones just got ruined working in a kitchen.

Nothing. Never got into fancy watches and wore cheap ones. At one point invested $500 in a Swiss chronometer which I thought was plenty for a watch, the chrono stopped a few days after the warranty expired, the repair was supposed to be more than the buying price and I just had enough. Now I don't wear any watch.

if ever you're in my country i can introduce you to a guy that fixes expensive watches for a living. he's trained internationally (switzerland, hongkong, malaysia, etc.) and does all kinds of expensive and rare watches. he has clients from all over that come to the country just to have watches fixed. there's this japanese dude that comes here just to bring over a ton of watches for him to fix, comes in twice a year and brings over a dozen watches to fix. he works for cartier here but works on other watches on the side.

he can get you a good deal on repairs. last year he went to a seminar in malaysia to be trained for certification for other brands of watches and he ended up teaching those dudes what to do. surgeon's hands don't even compare to him.

Citizen Eco Drive Blue Face Titanium 100 WR.The trouble with battery watches in the ocean is when it is changed no longer waterproof.Paid 200.00 for the Citizen Titanium over 10 yrs. ago.Surfed,Kayac,Swim I cannot believe this watch is still going strong.I figured the Solar proccessor has a life span I wonder how long this thing is going to last.Body & Band are Titanium so it is faily lite as well.Best watch I have ever owned.

Thanks!

I really dig the full tone faces. Here is my other watch I run.

Seiko_Face.jpg

2002 Hamilton Khaki automatic - in rotation this week. Replaced leather bands a few times, no problems.
Older 1950's Elgin and 1980's Seiko manual wind, and a more recent auto in the rotation.

how the frig do people wear watches in the kitchen? i wouldn't even wear a cheapo timex one it would drive me nuts. i do tend to wear the blue wide rubber bands from broccolini bunches though as it's fun to pull back and let go repeatedly. the sharp pain is satisfyingly stress relieving during service.

re: burns, i have so many they just look like birth marks. and as soon as one fully heals you get another right i the same $#@$#@%#@%@# spot!!

If I had to answer this question 6 hours ago :
This View attachment 17120

After pouring 5 lt of boiling water on my left hand :
Giant f...n dressing done by a old grumpy nurse.
For the first time in 13 years working in kitchen I have burnt the heck out of myself:curse:. I came back to work and did the lunch service , trying not to get near the heat , got lightheaded and went home. I just took the second lot of painkillers , If I write stupid **** once they kick in please excuse me in advance

It cracks me up seeing kids these days w/o watches in the kitchen.I'm told it's not cool anymore and that cell phones are a much better means of tracking time. Hmmmm- reaching into my pocket multiple times a day (100x ish?) just to only tell time seems itiotic to me.
I've worn a watch to work for over 25 yrs and on the off day i forget to strap it on i feel utterly naked and lost. Ironicly the same feelng as forgetting my cell...

As for rocking the rubber bands- I'm sorry guys but once recces time ceases to be a part of our eagerly awaited shoolastic regimine,they gots to go. Extremely unsanitary and unsafe. (Unless you wash/rinse them regularly in which case by all means- rock the rubber around your wrist).
And yes,the same can be said for watches, but at least they tell time and date and I'm not always asking the guy next to me for this answer.

And as for the ubiquitous arm burns, try exhaling before you open/reach into the oven/PLACE protiens into the hot pan. There comes a time where you just say "seriously? That was f*ckin stupid"

I've been asked this quite a few times on youtube.
Invicta Men's 6411 Python Collection Chronograph
6411-1000-1000_m.jpg

Back