• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shapton Glass Diamond Lapping Plate

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eto

Founding Member
Reaction score
Shapton Glass Diamond Lapping Plate:

Great condition, lots of life left, high end lapping plate for a low end price.

$175
Free Shipping
CONUS only!
Paypal.

photo-34_zps78867b07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cooling off the price on this one to $125.00
Free shipping
CONUS only
PayPal.

Thanks

For a less educated person on Shaptons, what does the numbers mean?? I look at those and think 50k? or a 270 grit?

For a less educated person on Shaptons, what does the numbers mean?? I look at those and think 50k? or a 270 grit?

This lapping plate is good for stones in the range of 1k up to 30k range. The numbers they use work on a micron system.
Tested by outside Japanese government laboratories the DRLP is optically flat. The Stone Truing Side falls within a plus or minus 8 micron tolerance.
The steel referencing side falls within an incredible, plus or minus 3.5 micron tolerance. Bringing a flat piece of steel to an exceedingly flat sharpening stone speeds the sharpening process enormously.

Hope this helps?

lol I didn't think glass stones needed flattening. But it did help. Also looked up prices, you are giving a steal. The one I looked at was 380. Ty for explanation, glws.

Back