Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Takedas coming

Quote Originally Posted by TheDispossessed View Post
    Hey guys,
    I simply wouldn't make mention of anything going on over at cktg for multiple reasons, the least of which is that i don't hang out over there so wouldn't know anything that's happening anyways.
    The vendor mentioned is Knifewear.
    And i clean my knives with BKF all the time.
    Kevin from knifewear is a great guy to deal with. Knows his stuff.

I loathe mark, but frequent his forum from time to time for a good laugh.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Wow I never would have thought Knifewear would carry this line. Good for them.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Wow I never would have thought Knifewear would carry this line. Good for them.
    That's what I was thinking. Nice to hear
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by TheDispossessed View Post
    Hey guys,
    I simply wouldn't make mention of anything going on over at cktg for multiple reasons, the least of which is that i don't hang out over there so wouldn't know anything that's happening anyways.
    The vendor mentioned is Knifewear.
    And i clean my knives with BKF all the time.
    YEA! I love Knifeware, have several knives from them YEA! I love BKF, but I'm betting that with regular use it would thin out any KU finish out there
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Kevin from knifewear just tweeted about the stainless takedas. must be true.

Never dealt with Kevin, but I've used a few knives that came from him. His products are great, and he seems to have a very good following. I think I'd like the guy.

As for Takedas, I've now had many in my hands, and once you get past the goopy epoxy, they're pretty special knives. Definitely not for everyone, but still very very nice. I think a stainless clad option might fill the hole that will be left by Hiromoto in the future.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I've owned one. There were several things I liked and disliked. The kicker was when I was testing the blade for flexibility it stayed flexed. I mean the three inches or so between my thumb and index finger near the tip stayed at a 20 degree angle.

I promptly sold it. That was probably 4 years ago. Don't really know if it was a lemon but I've been biting my lip ever since.

The ones i sharpened i actually liked a lot, Nice grind and steel

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I've owned one. There were several things I liked and disliked. The kicker was when I was testing the blade for flexibility it stayed flexed. I mean the three inches or so between my thumb and index finger near the tip stayed at a 20 degree angle.

I promptly sold it. That was probably 4 years ago. Don't really know if it was a lemon but I've been biting my lip ever since.
    I've noticed that easy to bend and stay bent thing on thin Takedas knives too. I've straightened mine out several times. Same for some of the Carters I own. Seems to just be something you can expect from certain clad steel blades.