any love for ubukeya??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbeernink

Reaction score
I've been to the ubukeya shop several times (in nihonbashi, chuo-ku) and have several of their scissors. Not much information about them online, and very little about their knives. Anyone know their blade lineup or other details about them?

yep- there are several little bits and pieces around the internet. Here's one with pics of the shop:

http://www.worshipblues.com/2013/04/masters-of-cutters.html

I have one of their carbon monosteel yo-gyuto's and I found it to be really nice, especially for the price (bought back in 2006 or so)

I was mostly curious if anyone has experience with their nicer blades. I've been there several times, and only once was able to have a conversation with the proprietor (the son, I think) who spoke english. They don't take credit cards but will ship - and the obviously don't advertise so aren't well known. I originally found Ubukeya when it was recommended to me as a place where many of the area chefs were getting their knives - but honestly I don't know much about them.

Back