Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steak and Shake

Hmmm. Never much liked the food at Steak and Shake. The shakes are pretty good, tho.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

I had to stop eating at S&S. Every time I eat there my body has a bad reaction.

Maybe I'm looking back with rose colored glasses but Steak and Shake was the best back in the day. We'd hit that ***** up late night in Gainesville. Memories.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I loved it the first time I found one....then I had a gap of some years and went back....I didn't think much of it. Actually, almost all FF sucks. I do like some Sonic now and then...esp their NY Dog. And Chili cheese tots. and limeade. d@mmit, now I want some and I've got dinner going...way better dinner....d@mmit.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Steak and Shake originated in Normal, Illinois and there isn't a single reason to go there when we have fast food burger joints such as In and Out, Five Guys, Smash Burger and many more. Sure they are better then Hardee's, but isn't everyone .
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Ugghh you guys are killing my dream here!! Can't a guy have a 7 stack steak burger and a shake for the first time in 10 years anymore?!!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

At 1330 calories, it's hardly the worst thing ever sold by a fast food company. Nothing a brisk 10k jog won't fix. I'd eat it if, as was suggested earlier, they layered every patty with some bacon.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I lived withing walking distance of a S&S, ate there maybe 4x, in the 3 years I lived at that place. Not bad at 330 am, but I wouldn't recommend it at lunch. Better than White Castle, well at least I wouldn't have stomach problems after with S&S.
    Chewie's the man.

My biggest problem with the S&S is that I've always, invariably had crappy servers on top of having to wait a freakin' eternity for even the simplest order to come out. And that's been the same across multiple locations in three different states.

In other news, that's way less calories than I would have anticipated from a 7-level burger.
    - Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Amon-Rukh View Post
    In other news, that's way less calories than I would have anticipated from a 7-level burger.
    Tiny patties. From a calorie standpoint, it's about the same as a Carl's Junior Six Dollar Bacon Guacamole burger... and that just has one patty.