Quantcast
Musk Ox Horn
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musk Ox Horn

Musk Ox Horn

Musk Ox anyone? I have a few pieces of horn I would be willing and able to cut if anyone would like to secure some of this amazing material!! Shoot me a message with size and specs you would like and I will send over a estimate. Or if you want a Whole boss section. I could be persuaded..

Heres a great photo that shows one of the amazing beasts! The Boss section is the area close to the scull. and who would of thought something this ugly could or would have the most beautiful horn material on the planet?

and a example of what this stuff looks like finished out!! Polishes like glass. Has a translucent amazing depth. and is prized by many for its unique and beautiful look!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Single Bevel slicer 021 (800x533).jpg‎
Views:	44
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	23321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Musk ox horn 2014 -2.jpg‎
Views:	45
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	23322  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boss and horn on a live musk ox.jpg‎
Views:	40
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	23323  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Would love a piece saved for when the line knife goes into production!

I was not planning on doing them in this material. Sry.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

That doesn't even look real! Nice work

Its real Jared. Ill be cutting some of this tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Then I will post some ready to purchase scales and blocks Thanks for lookin.

Hey guys. Lots of people have asked for pricing and stuff. Thanks for your interest,.

I will post some pieces on the web page later tonight. Mainly scales. The blocks are harder to make and the yield is much lower. so the prices of them tend to scare most of the people I have given quotes to away. That said. I did cut a few small blocks the size for a ferrule or butt cap, or could me many spacers. etc. and they will be listed on the site as well. I will come back here with a link once there up.

Thanks guys
    Randy

finally got these listed. 6 pages of handle materials now listed. Mammoth tooth and musk ox horn. There are a few blocks. for those who asked about ferrule pieces.

http://hhhcustomknives.com/product-c...-knife-scales/

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    ...The blocks are harder to make and the yield is much lower. so the prices of them tend to scare most of the people I have given quotes to away. That said. I did cut a few small blocks the size for a ferrule or butt cap, or could me many spacers. etc. and they will be listed on the site as well. I will come back here with a link once there up.

Thanks guys
    Randy
    What do you think we are - reasonable people? Since when do high prices discourage us?

Stefan

Gorgeous stuff Randy. I've been wanting to try and make something with musk ox horn for a while. Just bought one of your blocks, even without a project in mind. Thanks for making this available.

-Seth

Hey everyone. Sorry but I am currently switching my Web Host and server to a BIGGER company! That means better page load times. and larger pictures. But for a few hours up to 2 days the site will be down.

Sorry about this and hope to be able to tell ya all soon its fixed!

Blessings
    Randy

+ Reply to Thread