Quantcast
but he stopped smoking... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: but he stopped smoking...

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Hmmmm. Take money for doing something less time consuming, less stressful, and no struggle. I'm with the money myself.

I hate it when people say that about musicians. They have to eat too. Taking some huge amount of money will allow them to do something more their own style later on. Look at Andy Warhol, he sold out before he was famous. Wait I think he was where the term came from.
    Chewie's the man.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Obviously you don't understand how I feel. K.C. was an inspiration to me and changed the way I felt about my career. So yeah I can call him a big sellout.
    Have you seen The Taste? It embodies all that is wrong with food and TV. So for one of my "heroes" to be a part of something so awful......
    Also don't ever put Bourdain and RayRay in the same category.
    And NO I would not take part in such a show, but thanks for implying that I have no integrity and would.
    I'm not sure who you refer to as K.C., but it's irrelevant how he affected your career or integrity. You missed my point. You imply that Bourdain is a sell out because he participated in a piece of chit show. Let's be clear...Bourdain is one of my favorites (if not my favorite...I'm one of his greatest fans and was sorely disappointed when the Taste turned out to be so gawd awful) in this whole silly mess called Foodie shows. And had you had the low integrity (which you clearly don't) to participate in this show, you, of course, would have had a crystal ball and would know that the show would be a miserable flop. You think Tony WANTED to participate in a crumbly show? (the only thing good about it was Nigella's **** and ass)

I only compare "RayRay" because, however much you may hate her, she has made a success of her career, as has Bourdain. They've made big money and your posts can only suggest , to me....envy/jealousy. What have you done lately?

i think its funny because bourdains rise to fame was mainly due to writing kitchen confidental. he made a fortune talking $hit about many celebrity chefs and telling tales of being strung out on heroin. he wasnt known for his cooking, or his recipes, or being a food critic. now he has no problem with the rat race, and accumulating as much wealth as he can with his name brand. kitchen confidental made him seem legit or authentic in the eyes of many line cooks and chefs, hes developed this following and has pretty much done everything he can to cash in on it for better or worse. i try not to judge him in a negative light, but how honest can he possibly be?

slow typer here
    Chewie's the man.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    K.C. is not a person, it's Kitchen Confidential.
    RayRay started as a TV cook, not a chef as Tony did.
    He is a sellout for The Taste, not because it failed, but because the concept was crap to begin with. If you've read any of his books, you might go so far as to call him a hypocrite.

What have I done lately?
    I've been cooking for a living for about 23 years. I recently quit my very well-paying salaried job to go make less than half of my current wage. I am making food I love again. I am learning again, and I get to see my family now. Life's not all about money.
    Thanks for being a dick.
    What have you done lately?
    Besides piss me off..........
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I've read all of his books, and seen all of his shows that aren't cooking competitions (because I couldn't give a **** less). Let the man make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    K.C. is not a person, it's Kitchen Confidential.
    RayRay started as a TV cook, not a chef as Tony did.
    He is a sellout for The Taste, not because it failed, but because the concept was crap to begin with. If you've read any of his books, you might go so far as to call him a hypocrite.

What have I done lately?
    I've been cooking for a living for about 23 years. I recently quit my very well-paying salaried job to go make less than half of my current wage. I am making food I love again. I am learning again, and I get to see my family now. Life's not all about money.
    Thanks for being a dick.
    What have you done lately?
    Besides piss me off..........
    As much as i love him, truly...Tony was NEVER a top notch chef, and he will be the VERY first one to tell you this. And...you're never a hypocrite of course, with all your integrity and stuff,,, right? Good for you if you've gone back to your family and doing what you love. I commend you. What took you so long? So, I'm being a dick for calling you and your opinion out? That's what forums are for. What have I done lately? Irrelevant, since I wasn't the one criticizing people, their motives, their integrity...people I don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I've read all of his books, and seen all of his shows that aren't cooking competitions (because I couldn't give a **** less). Let the man make some money.
    A practical man. Thank you. ;-)

Oh ya in a few books he just lambasts "Celebrity Chefs" all the time. When I was seeing him on a show as a Judge. I thought hypocrite myself.
    Chewie's the man.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    So, I'm being a dick for calling you and your opinion out?
    In a nutshell, yes.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon