• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS / FT (from Europe): Yoshikane Damascus SLD 270mm Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

this is my first FS/FT thread here, but I have sold quite a few items at different photographic fora (apug.org, www.largeformatphotography.info/forum and www.rangefinderforum.com), always under my first name: Matus

I have for sale (or for trade) the following knife: Yoshikane Damascus SLD 270mm Sujihiki. I bought this knife from Maxim and it was my first large japanese kitchen knife.

General Info:
- All images are linked, please follow the links for large files.
- If you have ANY questions, just ask :)

The knife:

It has SLD core which is semi-stainless D2 clad with stainless damascus steel. The handle is octagonal burned chestnut handle which Maxim installed at my request. For full description please see the original description by Maxim below:

I bought it in March this year and used it 3 or 4 times. It shows no signs of use (no patina yet) as I cleaned it always immediately after use (which was meet slicing). There is absolutely no damage to the knife. I did not attempt to sharpen it as it came shaving sharp. Please see the photos below.

Reason to sell:
After I have used the knife for the first time I realised 2 things. The knife is actually too long for my use, and, the blade has too little belly for my taste. Using the knife few more times just confirmed this and so I have decided to swap it for a different knife:

Price, shipping and payment:
350 Euro.
Shipping will be with DHL (unless you request differently) as they fees are reasonable and they proved very reliable. Payment is possible via money transfer or PayPal (splitting the fee). I invest time and effort to pack items as securely as possible. I have no problem to ship internationally, but DHL offers basically no tracking once the package leaves Europe. Just ask me for details if you are interested.
It is of course possible to pick up the knife personally in Aalen, Germany.

What is included:
The knife and the original box.

Trade
Since I will need to replace this knife I am open to a trade. If the values of the knives do not mach payment in both directions is possible.

I would be interested in a following knife:
- Gyuto, 240mm
- stainless or semi stainless, with or without cladding. I would consider staining core with stainless cladding.
- the blade should be on the thin side, but without too much flex (the stiffer the better)
- WA or western handle

In particular I would be interested in DT AEB-L knife. But something along the line of Gesshin Ginga Stainless Gyuto

Now the photos of the Yoshikane:

Thank you.

I would like to thank to all who contacted me with their offers so far (so many nice offers at the same time). I am in parallel discussions so I hope I will not get it mixed up :)

If there are some who would 'only' be interested in buying the knife and not trading, do not hesitate to make me an offer.

Regards
Matus

I'm now the owner of this gorgeous Yoshikane suji, and it is stunning. It arrived well packaged from Germany, and I'm eager to take it to some protein. Thank you Matus! :headbang:

What did you trade with? Also gratz to both.

I have today received a package from over the ocean with a beautiful 210 Tanaka R2 damascus gyuto. Both blade and handle are really beautiful. The knife sits very well in hand. The Yoshi is a bit stiffer, but the flex with Tanaka is still rather minimal. I do not have my own photos yet, but you can see it HERE (the bottom one). I can not wait to slice some onions and proteins :happy1:

I was first considering 240 gyuto, but then was offered either of the two and I finally decided to go with 210 - I think it is just the right size for me now (I need to learn to use it effectively and fast).

I need not forget that bdkc also threw in (to my surprise) a 180 Tojiro DP in as extra which looks like very nice do-it-all knife.

So a big :thankyou333: goes to bdkc - this was my first FS/FT transaction here and I am glad it went so smooth.

I would also like to thank all other for their offers. Many tempting options, but I could choose only one.

P.S: In about a week I should receive some heavy package from Jon :happymug: so that keeping this beauty sharp should not be a problem :)

congratulation!! great trade for both party.

Back