Quantcast
Looking for 240 (210) mm Gyuto - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for 240 (210) mm Gyuto

Zensho is per Maksim's spec, and kasumi, not hammered finish. Steel is SKD12 (A2)

There is a thread on FF where Larrin Thomas suggests that A2 is better cutlery steel than D2. Ymmv.

Right now I am looking at:
    - Konosuke HD extra tall
    - Yoshikane SLD
    - Tanaka R2 (damascus blade and wa handle) - very interesting knife indeed
    - AEB-L Gyuto from Marko (he does some great work based on what I have seen on his webpage)

If you are willing to wait - I would go with Marko

me too, i would go for marko!

in the meantime, maybe you can find smth. nice in the B/S/T section that will help you to bridge the gap until you will get your marko gyuto... and when you get your marko, you can sell the other knife...

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Right now I am looking at:
    - Konosuke HD extra tall
    - Yoshikane SLD
    - Tanaka R2 (damascus blade and wa handle) - very interesting knife indeed
    - AEB-L Gyuto from Marko (he does some great work based on what I have seen on his webpage)
    Marko sure makes great knife if you willing to wait for ??? months(I order 3 knives from Marko 7 month ago & still waiting.....)
    you may also consider Gengetsu semi-stainless@ JKI or DT ITK if you can find one. I enjoy both knives very much.
    yoshikane SLD is my favor all-around gyuto, superb geometry- wide bevels with incredible thin behind the edge glides through everything with no stiction! since you already own yoshikane SLD suji, you should know how nice the SLD steel feel(f/f, edge retention,etc.....)
    here are pictures of my yoshikane SLD gyuto you can check out profile & geometry. I hope this will help.

Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!