Quantcast
Skunks in the basement where my shop is located - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skunks in the basement where my shop is located

My grandmother had a pet skunk when she was growing up. They are very loving creatures, she said that she liked the skunks more then any dog that she has ever owned.

Glad you helped out the ones that were stuck but do keep in mind that if they are fed they will return. I think it would be wise to take Marks advice and get fox, wolf, or coyote smells.

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    .....Walmart carries aerosol Coyote Urine in the sporting goods dept.
    Does this knowledge give anyone else the idea of relocating merchandise and switching some packaging between the sporting goods dept and the ax body spray aisle?
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    Does this knowledge give anyone else the idea of relocating merchandise and switching some packaging between the sporting goods dept and the ax body spray aisle?
    The users probably wouldn't notice the difference.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

LOL! That is awesome

The kid in me wants to do that but the adult in me is screaming no

A quick update.

We built a ramp for them to get out of the pit - this one had some traction. I laced it with food (beef) and soon after I put it down, both skunks came out, the kit first. I guess beef did it. They mingled in the court yard for a while, ate the rest of the food and took off.

Happy end of the skunk story.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'm sure there's a children's book in the making here Marko
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I saw scraped off foam near the door for several days now, so I knew that there was an animal in the basement, but I thought it was a raccoon. Skunks don't have a mobility of racoons, and seem to be unable to get out of the pit, even though I put a board down, so they could get out, though the incline is quite steep.

They are living creatures and get as hungry and thirsty as we do. Plus I like animals of all sorts.

M
    You're alright, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    A quick update.

We built a ramp for them to get out of the pit - this one had some traction. I laced it with food (beef) and soon after I put it down, both skunks came out, the kit first. I guess beef did it. They mingled in the court yard for a while, ate the rest of the food and took off.

Happy end of the skunk story.
    yay!