Quantcast
New Series- Gesshin Kagekiyo (maybe the most badass thing yet)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Series- Gesshin Kagekiyo (maybe the most badass thing yet)

New Series- Gesshin Kagekiyo (maybe the most badass thing yet)

From the video description and the product link:

In this video, we introduce our new Gesshin Kagekiyo series. This is something we have been working on for a few months now, together with one of our partners in Japan. Sara and I are very excited to finally be able to introduce it. These knives represent some of the highest level of craftsmanship and quality we have seen. The blacksmiths, sharpeners, and even lacquer-ware craftsmen are all amazingly skilled, as can clearly be seen by simply looking at them. In fact, all of the craftsmen are certified craftsmen or dentou-kougeishi (a very prestigious honor). These knives have amazing fit and finish, spectacular grinds, some of the most beautiful handles and sayas we've seen on Japanese knives, and amazing geometry. They are really thin behind the edge, have great distal taper, and wide bevels, making them easier to thin and sharpen. The lacquer craftsmen uses real lacquer on these, not synthetic lacquer as more commonly used. Even the boxes are beautiful lacquer-ware. We currently have both blue #1 (carbon) and ginsanko (stainless) options available. We hope you guys are as excited as we are.

You can find these knives here on our website:
    http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...-kagekiyo.html

Thank you so much for watching. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to contact us at Jon@JapaneseKnifeImports.com or check out our website www.JapaneseKnifeImports.com

Thanks.

-Jon and Sara

Badass is the perfect word. Me likey and wantey, especially the 270 kiritsuke shaped blue #1. Yes please.

I love Kagekiyo gyuto's geometry, do we have option for Red Lacquer Octagon Handle in near future ??
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Stunners to be sure.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Wow those blades look great

Beautiful!

Gorgeous. I find myself surprised to realize that I'm liking the kiritsuke-tipped version as much as the standard gyuto.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Someone buy one and pass it around! These look sweet.

Very fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
    Someone buy one and pass it around! These look sweet.
    lol