Quantcast
Your Family Meals - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Family Meals

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Not. This. Again..
    Is that in regards to the topic or how your staff meals usually go?

Quote Originally Posted by rdm_magic View Post
    Is that in regards to the topic or how your staff meals usually go?
    Yes.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

no more staff meals! majority of wait/bar staff don't appreciate, some even have the gall to complain about free food... drives me nuts. i have no problem sharing kitchen staff grub thrown together from scraps(when time allows) with dishwashers though.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    no more staff meals! majority of wait/bar staff don't appreciate, some even have the gall to complain about free food... drives me nuts. i have no problem sharing kitchen staff grub thrown together from scraps(when time allows) with dishwashers though.
    Staff meals are a good barometer. If you complain when I make you free food, that tells me you don't give two effs about the time me and mine put in to support the restaurant that is making not just you, but all of us some kind of money. LITERALLY: Don't slap the hand that feeds you.

In other news... we had fried potato skins with tons of cheese and stuff, and gyro/flatbread stuffed with deliciousness for staff meal tonight.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

right? you would think they would realize it's in their best interest to be good to kitchen staff as the better the mood cooks/chefs are in, the better service/quality of food goes hence potential to earn more money. and b*tching about family meal is taking one giant step in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Yesterday I blew up on the whole front of house. They come in at 4:25 to eat family at 4:30. Then they swarm like vultures before the kitchen crew has a chance to finish whatever task is at hand. Taking as much as they can fit on their plate. Then have the nerve to complain when it's not what they want. It's free f#%#ing good. What pisses me off the most though is that not one server has ever thanked us for making them food. It is just expected. The 18 yr old dish washer who doesn't speak English seems to manage thanking whoever made family. I really can't stand servers sometimes. They average a 23 percent tip at my restaurant and still all they do is complain.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

My boss served us "mystery meat" loaf for shift meals. I wouldn't eat it. They're not being mean, just thoughtless , not thinking , kinda like kids. In my places, the servers could help themselves to homemade bread and soup. They could also order off a considerable portion of the menu for 1/2 price if we were ready. We'd also often portion samples of new specials for the staff to try.

We just work with whatever we have left over from service. If people don't show up, we have extra ingredients to play with for family meal the next day. Sometimes it's a cornucopia other times it's lean. Had some beautiful sushi grade ahi loin this week. Saved the trim and made some poke for the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Yesterday I blew up on the whole front of house. They come in at 4:25 to eat family at 4:30. Then they swarm like vultures before the kitchen crew has a chance to finish whatever task is at hand. Taking as much as they can fit on their plate. Then have the nerve to complain when it's not what they want. It's free f#%#ing good. What pisses me off the most though is that not one server has ever thanked us for making them food. It is just expected. The 18 yr old dish washer who doesn't speak English seems to manage thanking whoever made family. I really can't stand servers sometimes. They average a 23 percent tip at my restaurant and still all they do is complain.
    You forgot the part where they load up 2 to go boxes to take home for later before people on the floor actually working can get any but then they just forget about it and leave it in the service fridge overnight only to be thrown out the next day.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    You forgot the part where they load up 2 to go boxes to take home for later before people on the floor actually working can get any but then they just forget about it and leave it in the service fridge overnight only to be thrown out the next day.
    Thissssss!!!!!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky