Quantcast
Your Family Meals - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Family Meals

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    no more staff meals! majority of wait/bar staff don't appreciate, some even have the gall to complain about free food... drives me nuts. i have no problem sharing kitchen staff grub thrown together from scraps(when time allows) with dishwashers though.
    holy **** is this spot on! seriously then they come to me or another line cook and ask for this or that.

So for about a year straight, Sunday nights were burger nights. It's just the way it was. There was always a surplus from brunch. Fresh ground Hanger, house made buns, and I or somebody else would take advantage of the slow business and really go balls to the wall with condiments. Guys from other restaurants started to hear about it, and ask what we'd done for sides that week. The kitchen crew would come in on their nights off to join in. We'd wait all week just to finish service, have a beer, and enjoy THE BURGER. It became legendary. The waitstaff loved it.

Except for one highly annoying server. They started complaining about how every Sunday they had to eat the same thing. And her crap started to poison some of the new front of house hires. And all of sudden the fun was gone. Just like that. No more burger nights.

No more burger nights...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    So for about a year straight, Sunday nights were burger nights. It's just the way it was. There was always a surplus from brunch. Fresh ground Hanger, house made buns, and I or somebody else would take advantage of the slow business and really go balls to the wall with condiments. Guys from other restaurants started to hear about it, and ask what we'd done for sides that week. The kitchen crew would come in on their nights off to join in. We'd wait all week just to finish service, have a beer, and enjoy THE BURGER. It became legendary. The waitstaff loved it.

Except for one highly annoying server. They started complaining about how every Sunday they had to eat the same thing. And her crap started to poison some of the new front of house hires. And all of sudden the fun was gone. Just like that. No more burger nights.

No more burger nights...

**** man! ******* burger night man!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    You forgot the part where they load up 2 to go boxes to take home for later before people on the floor actually working can get any but then they just forget about it and leave it in the service fridge overnight only to be thrown out the next day.
    Yep they just act like it's theirs for the taking
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post

No more burger nights...
    Why would you grind hanger steak for burgers.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
    holy **** is this spot on! seriously then they come to me or another line cook and ask for this or that.
    Yes. It is the same every where. I've heard of restaurants charging waiters $5 a day for family. I am thinking of instituting this. I had one complain tonight that she only made $300 on her double today. A waiters double is only ten hours. I haven't worked less then ten hours in years and I have never made that much in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Why would you grind hanger steak for burgers.
    Because it's cheap and friggin delicious. Why wouldn't you?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Btw- we don't grind the useable steaks, just the the cuts that are under 8 oz. Which with hanger is usually a considerable amount.

ground hanger steak, wow that sounds delicious, how about mixing it with some ground short rib too? btw the one time i ate at the grill room in old port, ordered the hanger steak, NOT impressed. the roasted beets side however were fantastic!