Quantcast
FS(USA): New Blazen 240 and 210 gyutos, Asai PM 180 gyuto and 170 Nakiri, Takeda 210 Mioroshi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS(USA): New Blazen 240 and 210 gyutos, Asai PM 180 gyuto and 170 Nakiri, Takeda 210 Mioroshi

FS(USA): New Blazen 240 and 210 gyutos, Asai PM 180 gyuto and 170 Nakiri, Takeda 210 Mioroshi

I'm clearing out my shelf of knives that are ignored or not being used. All prices include shipping to the USA.

1) Takeda 210mm Mioroshi deba (double beveled). It's been gently used and sharpened only once on an Edge Pro device. As you can see on the photo, it was very slightly thinned behind the edge. The original contrast finish is seen on the bevel with a small area of mirror finish (the only area that was sharpened) very close to the edge. Razor sharp with no significant wear or loss of height. Used only in a home kitchen and never in a pro setting. $270

2) Blazen gyutos - These were bought as gifts but the giftee (family member) took other knives off my rack. These are absolutely brand new in the box with new magnetic sayas. I did notice very very faint longitudinal scratches on the 240 mm gyuto on the non-logo side. I have no idea how these got there, and they are only seen when the light is shined on it at a precise angle. But I can see how it could have gotten there at the factory or seller's shop since the stainless cladding on most knives is so soft. Blazen knives just went through a price hike at EE and at JCK.

$230 for the 240mm
    $180 for the 210mm

3) Asai SG2 180mm wa-gyuto and 170mm nakiri in SG2 steel with a beautiful etched stainless damascus cladding. These knives are near new. They were sharpened once on an Edge Pro device and have almost never been used. They look new. The handle on the gyuto was mounted with a slightly rotation. It doesn't seem to affect my own grip on the knife, but just wanted to give full disclosure. In original boxes. $250 each.

PM sent....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Asai nakiri has been claimed

What thickness of Takeda spine above the heel ?

Thickness is about 4.6 mm right above the heel, but the spine thickness is slightly irregular from hammer-forging. The thickest area, just in front of the heel area would be about 5mm.

Blazens rock. One of my go-to knives is a 180 Blazen gyuto (which I use like a petty, I guess) that I bought from EE.

Pretty handle on that Takeda.

Very beautiful knives!

Is it safe to assume that all are still available except the nakiri? If so, I am potentially interested.

Alex

Asai Nakiri and Blazen 210mm gyuto have been sold.
    Blazen 240mm gyuto withdrawn.

Price drops:
    Takeda 210mm Mioroshi - $245
    Asai 180mm Gyuto - $220.

Of note, The Asai SG2 blades have been rebranded by Akifusa with western handled ironwood handles, and they are being sold at very high prices ($800 for 240 gyuto).

PM sent regarding Asai Gyuto.