• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS(USA): New Blazen 240 and 210 gyutos, Asai PM 180 gyuto and 170 Nakiri, Takeda 210 Mioroshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
I'm clearing out my shelf of knives that are ignored or not being used. All prices include shipping to the USA.

1) Takeda 210mm Mioroshi deba (double beveled). It's been gently used and sharpened only once on an Edge Pro device. As you can see on the photo, it was very slightly thinned behind the edge. The original contrast finish is seen on the bevel with a small area of mirror finish (the only area that was sharpened) very close to the edge. Razor sharp with no significant wear or loss of height. Used only in a home kitchen and never in a pro setting. $270

2) Blazen gyutos - These were bought as gifts but the giftee (family member) took other knives off my rack. These are absolutely brand new in the box with new magnetic sayas. I did notice very very faint longitudinal scratches on the 240 mm gyuto on the non-logo side. I have no idea how these got there, and they are only seen when the light is shined on it at a precise angle. But I can see how it could have gotten there at the factory or seller's shop since the stainless cladding on most knives is so soft. Blazen knives just went through a price hike at EE and at JCK.

$230 for the 240mm
$180 for the 210mm

3) Asai SG2 180mm wa-gyuto and 170mm nakiri in SG2 steel with a beautiful etched stainless damascus cladding. These knives are near new. They were sharpened once on an Edge Pro device and have almost never been used. They look new. The handle on the gyuto was mounted with a slightly rotation. It doesn't seem to affect my own grip on the knife, but just wanted to give full disclosure. In original boxes. $250 each.

Thickness is about 4.6 mm right above the heel, but the spine thickness is slightly irregular from hammer-forging. The thickest area, just in front of the heel area would be about 5mm.

Blazens rock. One of my go-to knives is a 180 Blazen gyuto (which I use like a petty, I guess) that I bought from EE.

Very beautiful knives!

Is it safe to assume that all are still available except the nakiri? If so, I am potentially interested.

Alex

Asai Nakiri and Blazen 210mm gyuto have been sold.
Blazen 240mm gyuto withdrawn.

Price drops:
Takeda 210mm Mioroshi - $245
Asai 180mm Gyuto - $220.

Of note, The Asai SG2 blades have been rebranded by Akifusa with western handled ironwood handles, and they are being sold at very high prices ($800 for 240 gyuto).

Asai 180mm gyuto is sold.
Takeda 210 Mioroshi is still available.

The Asai gyuto arrived yesterday and is beautiful! It made quick work of some chicken and fruit. Much appreciated!

I think you need to have made 5 posts before you can PM members. Then go to your notifications page, type in the name of the member, write the message and send.

I remember magic number being 4 posts. (Could be wrong) Say "Thanks DB" again and hand over your wallet.

Dave

Takeda Mioroshi is sold.
All sold. Thanks!

Back