Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marko Shigefusa sujihiki

Marko Shigefusa sujihiki

Up next is a Shigefusa 270mm sujihiki with beautiful wood by Marko Tsourkan. Desert ironwood and silver handle, with a maple saya which is also very thin. This is my only Shig, so it is probably redundant to say is thin and sharp and cuts beautifully, though I only used it once. Paid $824 to Marko, selling for $750 shipped CONUS.

If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

fighting temptation

wow what a dream knife to own.

I just found this info from Marko about the blade:

"It's Swedish steel Shigefusa calls 'spicy', most likely because the steel has some alloys that help with grain refinement. In characteristics, it is similar to White steel and should take a keen edge and sharpen easily.

"It's a kasumi construction - core steel clad with old stock wrought iron, folded a number of times to remove impurities. The cladding exhibits a damascus-like pattern.

"Shigefusa knives are water quenched and a final hardness is typically 63-63.5, in other words hard enough to scratch soda lime glass."
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Very nice. The buyer will be lucky to have this knife, especially since Marko is no longer rehandling knives.

There will never be another one like it. Dont know what the same knife with stock handle would cost now, but its probably the same or more.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Sexy. GLWS
    - Erik

If I didn't snatch up that Rader from you yesterday I would buy this in a heart beat.

Is it 270mm on the edge?

It is 278mm from handle to tip and 264mm along the edge.