• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT/WTS Tanaka 270mm Blue #2 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasedbullet

Reaction score
I am trying to trade my 270mm Blue #2 Tanaka gyuto. I love this knife, the iron cladding is just too reactive for me to take care of while I'm at work.

It has been lightly etched and the handle has been treated so it is now relatively water proof. The Spine and choil have been lightly rounded also. There are some small indentations on the handle from a vice.

I am looking for a 240 or 270 gyuto preferably carbon and wa-handle, but neither is necessary. Of course money is also welcome, but I would prefer a trade. Looking for $160.

Pics.
20130723_230631.jpg20130723_230835.jpg
Here are the marks on the handle.
20130723_230649.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mike

That price is including shipping CONUS and paypal fees. Comes in its original box.

There is currently someone interested.

Ill take it. Always wanted to try one

Gratz k-fed, greasedbullet.
Thanks. This was really a bit of retail therapy, as I'm going through probably the hardest thing that I've ever had to go through at the moment.
Nice! Needs a pimp handle!
If I like it enough to keep it, it will certainly be on the to do list. The profile looks killer, and I'm pretty familiar with tanaka's blue 2 treatment.

Got the knife in the mail today. Looks great, and the grind, be it on accident or intentional looks a bit biased for a lefty. Good for me. I'll report back later as I just got out of the hospital yesterday and won't be going back to work till thursday.

Back