Quantcast
Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive?

Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive?

The selection of knifes and knife related gear is so much better in the US then Canada that it does not even worth describing.
    What does shock me, is the shipping costs to Canada from most of US knife retailers. The shipping cost is around $35 usually. How come it's so expensive? Most Canadian retailers that ship to US charge less and even offer free shipping on purchases more then $XX.

I know many business owners visit this site so may be they can provide the insight on such elevated shipping costs and no free shipping options to the Northern neighbors...?

What about us! LOL

Shipping costs are what they are. I don't know if it is Canada Post or the USPS that are to blame, but I recently shipped the same weight package to both a US and a Canadian address. The postage to the US address was $5.15; postage to the Canadian address was $19.95. Expecting that a vendor (or even a private individual) to eat that cost is ingenuous.

Rick
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I just shipped a 12lb box of PIF knives, etc. to Toronto and it cost me $60.00 !!!!
    Ouch!
    My wife is gonna kill me!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

If costs from the US to Canada are like that, I'd suggest Canadians buy directly from Japan if possible.

Shipping across the border the other way is a little pricey too. And shipping overseas? Man, that can get seriously expensive
    Len

About shipping from the US to Europe, I noticed great differences according to the exact conditions, like insurance, declared value, tracking etc.
    The cheapest way seems to be USPS First Class, but that's without tracking, and so is a little tricky from the sender's point of view because of his liability.
    The cheapest way from The Netherlands to the US is still twice as expensive as the USPS First Class, both without tracking nor insurance.

Yup. I feel badly about my shipping charges, and often do swallow some of it. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it, really....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I have a solution...move to the US.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

At least we have Pierre!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com