Quantcast
Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    I have a solution...move to the US.
    I have a BETTER idea....... 51st state!!!....who dropped the ball on that

Recently shipped a package to Toronto from Los Angeles, USPS quoted me about $30 while FedEx was at a more humble $21. Guess who got the business?

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    I think we tried that a couple of times, and each time they promptly handed our asses to us and politely asked us to leave. Wiki
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

I wonder how come some Canadian retailers mange to offer free shipping to the US then. I bet the prices of Canada Post to US is roughly the same. That sux tho, so many goodies missing And if you think about it, from NY to Ontario is so much closer then from NY to Cali for example :-/

And thanks for offering to Live in US or becoming a 51st state, but I will kindly refuse the offers :P

Also don't forget the dreaded "brokerage fees" some companies (most notably UPS) screw you you with...
    I once had to pay a $19.95 brokerage fee for free t-shirt from California...

Keep in mind also, that for products not under NAFTA (ie made in Japan or anywhere other than Mexico, US or Canada) us Canadians will have to pay 8% duty on top of GST/PST.

My order from a popular Yusuke vendor on Ebay arrived from Japan, with no duty, no tax and very reasonable 13 dollar express trackable 4-day shipping. I've read that JCK manages similar shipping/customs declarations but I haven't ordered anything from them yet. (I do have my eye on a Masa KS Deba from them so I might find out soon).

As someone else suggested, ordering straight from Japan seems to be the way to go.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I think FedEx actually ships some of USPS international packages. Maybe FedEx could be cheaper than USPS for once.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    South Park -- the Movie.

My order from a popular Yusuke vendor on Ebay arrived from Japan, with no duty, no tax and very reasonable 13 dollar express trackable 4-day shipping. I've read that JCK manages similar shipping/customs declarations but I haven't ordered anything from them yet. (I do have my eye on a Masa KS Deba from them so I might find out soon).
    That's shipping price and timing is veeeery reasonable and no duty is big bonus. I will have to check that ebay shop. If you do get something from JCK, let the public know how did it go. Its good to have a good reference of "Canada friendly shipping knife suppliers" :P

What I find weird is that its cheaper to get something shipped from Japan using EMS over the air then to ship something from the US via truck.