Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is shipping to Canada is so expensive?

JCK shipping is beyond awesome. $7 flat rate. Last order Japan to deepest darkest Wales (passing through 5 offices) = 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    JCK shipping is beyond awesome. $7 flat rate. Last order Japan to deepest darkest Wales (passing through 5 offices) = 3 days.
    I agree. They use EMS, right? I think it's the same with other sellers in Japan as it is good and cheap even compared to their own airmail. Basically, if you don't live in the US and you want something Japanese, always best to look to the source country. (Or JNS - DHL is great.)

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    I agree. They use EMS, right? I think it's the same with other sellers in Japan as it is good and cheap even compared to their own airmail. Basically, if you don't live in the US and you want something Japanese, always best to look to the source country. (Or JNS - DHL is great.)
    Totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    That's shipping price and timing is veeeery reasonable and no duty is big bonus. I will have to check that ebay shop. If you do get something from JCK, let the public know how did it go. Its good to have a good reference of "Canada friendly shipping knife suppliers" :P
    I've ordered many knives from Koki at JCK and it's always been $7 US flat fee with tracking and it gets to Toronto within 7 days. It's quite amazing compared to the Us-Canada cross border rates and brokerage fees.

I just received a package from Metalmaster from Japan. It took about a month and a half, but that was due to the vendor not the shipping company. It was shipped by EMS and was VERY reasonably priced and did not get hit with any taxes or brokerage. In my experience, do not ship from the US with UPS as the brokerage fee will far surpass the cost of the shipping, and maybe the cost of the product. If the vendor does not offer USPS from the US, I will not even consider the purchase.