Quantcast
Miyabi FC61 steel. Anyone know what this is? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miyabi FC61 steel. Anyone know what this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    AEB-L if I have to guess.
    That would be my guess, as well.

i would guess not that, as its not a steel commonly used in the area they produce knives in

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i would guess not that, as its not a steel commonly used in the area they produce knives in
    oh, so it's Q102.

honestly i'm not 100% sure what it is, but i know what steel types are commonly used in that area and what kinds of things are available to this kind of knife making process. I've got some suspicions, but no solid knowledge one way or another.

honestly i'm not 100% sure what it is, but i know what steel types are commonly used in that area and what kinds of things are available to this kind of knife making process. I've got some suspicions, but no solid knowledge one way or another.
    Q102 is a crappy radio station in Cincinnati, so I doubt it's that.

Too many cultural curve balls.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Taking in consideration that Henckels is multimillion or even billion corporation they pretty much can get any steel in any place of the world. One benefit of having tons of money. But said this, I do not know how things are run in Japan and may be there are some established rules or traditions that prevent this kind of things - then scratch my comment.

Kryptonite?

"Fusionable carbon 61"

Quote Originally Posted by Ruso View Post
    Taking in consideration that Henckels is multimillion or even billion corporation they pretty much can get any steel in any place of the world. One benefit of having tons of money. But said this, I do not know how things are run in Japan and may be there are some established rules or traditions that prevent this kind of things - then scratch my comment.
    I'm aware of how big they are and also well aware of how things tend to work in that region. As I said before, it's an educated guess.