• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB good deba 180-210

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentlecook

Reaction score
Holla experts !

hope, someone can help me =)

I'm looking for good original deba in 180-210 size,
in ss prefer is Suisin IH
in carbon - Masamoto,Mizuno or another good knife makers.

I'll be glad to all your suggestions.

Thank you.
-Miha.

What's your budget/price target?

If you're looking for a carbon deba and you want something along the lines of Masamoto or Mizuno without paying the big price tag associated with those names, you might look into a Sakai-made deba which has been made by only certified craftsmen of Sakai hamonos. Bluewayjapan on eBay sells some in white #2 and blue #2 steel for very competitive prices under the Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni brand. There are occasional subtle fit or finish issues but they will not affect the function of the knife. The price is amazing for a knife that accompanies the traditional crafts sticker.

heey, that the crafty fasty answer!

What's your budget/price target?
budget in $250-350

but I noted in this topic,
coz want to get a reasonable price.

I suspect that Debas from ebay are simple and nothing special.
Already have experience with some Kiya singlebevel knifes..

I think Masamoto debas are simple and nothing special either. There is no 'magic' in the standard deba design. Only the heat treatment of the steel and the quality of the grind.

oh and of course it is bkdc's! I feel like an idiot now :justkidding:

Holla good peopple!

Where are all the debas ?
maybe someone have old(but strong) debas for sale ?

little update: prefer is CARBON steel =)

thank you.

Something like: after heavily using knife has good shape and ura side, scratches is not important.

I think Masamoto debas are simple and nothing special either. There is no 'magic' in the standard deba design. Only the heat treatment of the steel and the quality of the grind.

Define special? After all, they are all just knives.
Which design has the magic??

The grind and geometry on a single bevel is pretty standard. There's a lot more variation when it comes to double bevels.

Define special? After all, they are all just knives.
Which design has the magic??

The grind and geometry on a single bevel Japanese knife is pretty standard. There's a lot more variation when it comes to double bevels.

mhm, but the attainable sharpness is variable. I wouldnt call Masamoto standard in that aspect, especially when 3x pricier knives can "suck masamotos choil" when it comes to that wild crazy edge.

Back