Wa-Oyster knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
I was goofing around and made this about 6 months ago.
I've never worked anywhere that I had to shuck very many oysters, and the last time I went to the emergency room, it was because I stabbed myself in the forearm with a very blunt-tipped oyster knife. My current job requires me to do a lot o' shuckin' and I've become pretty good at it.
Believe it or not, the wa-handle works surprisingly well!
DSC_00622_zps1263ca5e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_00632_zps88d39ab2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

when i was at jki, jon showed me these japanese oyester knives, totally different and he explained how they open oysters by smashing one side and then going in with the knife. i forget the details..

Nice! Me and you may have two of the nicest oyster knives around....
I want one like yours!
I'm just not willing to shell out(no pun intended) $60-$90 for one. I'll find one someday.

Knerd was that originally a plastic handle? If so, how'd you remove it? I have a Fibrox I'd like to replace......

Knerd was that originally a plastic handle? If so, how'd you remove it? I have a Fibrox I'd like to replace......
I will impart ancient Chinese secret to removing crappy POM handles for price of 1 Sab oyster knife!

I've removed a lot of these, and it sucks. From Henckels to Forschners, to Dexter-Sani-Safe. I tried a cutting disc/tool on my Dremel, but the material turns into liquid lava and quickly cools and hardens again.
The only success is with a coarse wheel(36 grit) on my bench grinder. It takes a while, and the plastic will melt off and burn you...........
...........but chicks dig scars.

Latest posts

Back