Quantcast
Restaurant business plan project?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant business plan project?

Restaurant business plan project?

Hey guys im in the middle of writing a business plan for school, i am actually writing this for myself as well as the project as i am planning on one day opening my own place.

I have most of it done but i am having trouble finding some numbers, since i don't get the invoices at my place i have no idea what we pay for gas or how much we use, same with electric of water, im assuming business rates are different from residential? Can anyone offer some guidelines for what is may cost or how much usage there would be for a small restaurant say 60 seats.

The other issue im trying to find is healhcare information, every place i look needs tons of info i dont have considering this is a fake project and not real. Can anyone offer any advice on what a small business group plan would pay for insurance?

if anyone doesn't want to post specific details on here i understand maybe you can send me a pm?

Any other info is more than welcomed as well i may have missed some stuff in there i have pretty much covered; payroll, food cost, rent, insurance, some other overhead expenses, loans( investments), demographic (competition), menu/ recipes, staff/hiring, and forecasted potential profit.

thanks,

J

Don't forget linen company, trash service, Health dept fees, business license, liquor license, fire inspection, occupancy license, oil disposal. You will also have to include all appliances, small wares, tables, chairs, refridgeration, shelving, small appliances, tableware, glassware and dishes.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Don't forget linen company, trash service, Health dept fees, business license, liquor license, fire inspection, occupancy license, oil disposal. You will also have to include all appliances, small wares, tables, chairs, refridgeration, shelving, small appliances, tableware, glassware and dishes.
    Oh there is more to come!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Thanks guys, the restaurant will not use linen table clothes and plan to buy towels and wash them ( I think). But most of those I did forget thanks!!

Don't forget the bribes for the health and fire inspectors!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Don't forget the bribes for the health and fire inspectors!
    Son had this covered with "health dept. fees"

Also do you want floor mats for the doors? Those usually cost a little more for linen companies.
    Chewie's the man.

Patio licence, cable, music service, insurances, lawyers, accountants, micros system, grease trap cleaning service, pest control, signage and menus, web design, sewer and water, soda vendor contract, all initial vendor orders are COD...can takes months to establish lines of credit.

Real world; they say whatever you estimate, double it. I say triple it, and have a cushion since you'll have a hard time paying yourself for the next year or two.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Yep triple is what I have always been told.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

As far as health insurance costs go (for full-time salaried employees?), could be $350-$550/ mo depending on the plan. Some companies have their employees cover $100 or so out of their paychecks, and other companies cover the full cost.

Especially for the accountants - we know you HAVE to file a tax return - Muhahahahahaha

+ Reply to Thread