weird late nite snacks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what are some of the strange combos you've come up with for a 4th meal?

had some left over brown rice and black beans, decided to make fried rice with it. added diced kielbasa, eggs, roasted corn and cilantro. needless to say it tastes funny but quite enjoyable at the same time.

My go-to late night snack is Special K chocolate cereal. The weird one - and I'm not proud - is Costco canned tuna with mayo, ketchup, salt & pepper, and sriracha. If I'm lucky, I have a piece of bread and/or some tomatoes to eat with it.

Stefan

@Stefan
That tuna is a staple 'round these parts.

Lately Weinerschnitzel and chile limon hot cheetos have been a reoccurring theme.

Cheeze its. or granola cereal with both fresh and freeze dried fruit

I once made a risotto out of rice, the flavoring packet from a ramen pack, water, and coffee creamer. It was ... alright. I do not recomend this unless you are as drunk and broke as I was. Sophomore year was fun.

Mac'n'cheese, in a tortilla, with corn relish and some mustard greens.

Very late night snack, very 'tired and emotional', repeated a couple of times.

Butter and honey on toast. Oh damn! Got me a craving now!!!

I just grab a flour tortilla, slather about half of it with peanut butter, top it with an appropriate amount of whatever jelly I have in the frig, roll it up and eat with milk. No heat, as I wouldn't heat up a regular PB&J. Disclaimer: I spent 25 years in the Napa Valley wine industry and was caught in the lunch room, by the cellar crew, eating one of these "burritos". My official, honorary Mexican status was suspended for a time, so be careful where you eat these. LOL

Bread (works well with either sour dough or challah)
+
Peanut butter (lightly roasted, ground, unsalted)
+
thick slice of fresh tomato
+
Pinch of sea salt

Zomg.....

I just grab a flour tortilla, slather about half of it with peanut butter, top it with an appropriate amount of whatever jelly I have in the frig, roll it up and eat with milk. No heat, as I wouldn't heat up a regular PB&J. Disclaimer: I spent 25 years in the Napa Valley wine industry and was caught in the lunch room, by the cellar crew, eating one of these "burritos". My official, honorary Mexican status was suspended for a time, so be careful where you eat these. LOL
A hot pb&J is good too!
I'm honestly imagining a PB&J Quesadilla with a crispy crust. Just don't get the inside too hot.

That sounds good as well. At midnight tho', I'm looking for quick, with as few steps as possible. Sometimes I throw on a pickle rather than jelly. Even quicker. ;-)

Hmmm...sounds like a little too much hassle for midnight at the oasis snack. Midnight snack doesn't say...turn on a burner to me. You mean taquitos, as in corn tortillas? Not sure that would suit me as well as flour with PB&J.

no, just roll the flour tortilla into a mini burrito :D bj&j wow holy typo lol.

a non stick small pan that everyone has for making eggs is not much of a hassle, takes 2 minutes to heat up two tortillas. same amount of effort as taking a frozen pizza and microwaving really.

Just watch the peanut butter--it will get nuclear hot on you and it sticks to your skin. :devilburn:

The Pho rice noodle bowls, seasoned with copious KimChee and Sambal (instead of the flavored salt packet it comes with :) ) and if it has any dried veg or flavored oil, I put that in as well.

Lately I've been experimenting with adding fresh scallions, raw egg, shredded daikon, and/or shredded carrot...all depending on availability, sobriety, and inclination.

Now that I think of it...next time I make one of these and have any leftovers from the smoker, they are going in.

Also, stock is better than water if it's just sitting around...

The Pho rice noodle bowls, seasoned with copious KimChee and Sambal (instead of the flavored salt packet it comes with :) ) and if it has any dried veg or flavored oil, I put that in as well.

Lately I've been experimenting with adding fresh scallions, raw egg, shredded daikon, and/or shredded carrot...all depending on availability, sobriety, and inclination.

Now that I think of it...next time I make one of these and have any leftovers from the smoker, they are going i

Also, stock is better than water if it's just sitting around...

poach an egg in that business

Good quality vanilla ice-cream, broken up pretzels and home made strawberry preserves.

Ice cream is probably my favorite sweet treat, but I usually don't have any in the freezer because it causes a complete loss of control - especially HD white chocolate - raspberry - chocolate truffle...

Stefan

Cheese stuffed bacon wrapped deep fried hot dog, wrapped with 2 8oz burgers then more bacon and deep fried again, then melted muenster cheese, bbq sauce and crispy onions on top in a sub roll.
Pomme allumettes.

IMG_20121227_200112.jpg

But, not for me though. I just like a bowl of cereal.

Take a hot dog, split in open without severing it, stuff it with cheddar, wrap with 2 slices of bacon, fry till crispy, take two 8 oz burgers and spread them out like a sheet of paper then wrap around the texas tommy (should have laid some american cheese in this layer) then wrap with 3 slices of bacon, then fry till crispy and top it however ie more cheese/sauce/win..

Back