Quantcast
1st Nakiri Choices - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Nakiri Choices

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    No the right thing to do is buy a relatively inexpensive nakiri 75 bucks or less), spend 30 bucks on a King 1000 sharpening stone and be happy. If you're not happy, you can get back 75% of your money in the BST forum..... Or you can throw up your hands and say screw it. If I can't sharpen my knife in 30 seconds with a machine that should have an electric can opener attached....with Zero effort on my part....I ain't gonna spend any time at all doing it right. Have fun. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wjd1 View Post
    Well.....I guess I won't buy a nakiri or a Chef's Choice......save about $275....and plan on taking my other 2 knives somewhere local for sharpening......that way they won't be ruined.......or when they get too dull....I could just buy new ones......that sounds like the "right thing to do''.....

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    well I guess you will not experience what has been said. The disappointment of when your knife won't cut past a 1/4 inch down. Even after another couple passes on the machine. I think you are saving more than the 275.
    Chewie's the man.

He wanted to hear what he wanted to hear. Shrug

^^^It is funny though...I wonder why some people bother asking when they seem to know the answer...4 pages wasted...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Forum members are too nice sometimes. I'm encouraging the CC on J-knives experiment. That way we could document a very quick and efficent way to ruin J-knives.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Pull through devices are as common as fleas.I'd never put a J-Blade on one of those things.If you want a good knife a little freehand skill goes a long way.It is not that hard to learn-- some motor skills & hand eye cordination.Carter says it best,by using devices you are putting the respondsibiliy for your edge on the device instead of your own skills.

Actually if you take the time to learn a little skill you save money from wasting it on crap that does not work that well or depending on someone else to sharpen your knives.

Plus there is satisfaction gained from mastering things.It is Human nature,well some Humans anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Forum members are too nice sometimes...
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    I find that I can never open these attachments. ???
    the attachments that uploaded from computer are the ones that always seem to fail.
    Linked from the web with not local copy seems to work best.

The thread is pretty much dead now as it became clear that the OP didn't really want any advice that wasn't in accordance of his assumptions / what he wanted to hear, but here's a little preview of the next thread that we'll likely see after he spends some quality time with the new nakiri and cc:

and the profile looks something like this:
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Huh....I haven't seen a good pic of the Shun Ice Cream Sandwich knife before. Thx.