Quantcast
1st Nakiri Choices - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1st Nakiri Choices

Maybe we should call a ceasefire. This isn't really getting anything accomplished.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

LOL

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    For some folks simple victory is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    If you had a well constructed argument as to why someone on this forum should go spend between $100 - $600 on CC or similar machine, I'd be genuinely interested in reading it.
    I'd venture around 80% of the population who own knives either do not sharpen them ever, use a hand held pull thru device, or use the steel as if they are fencing to "sharpen" there knives.I also speculate fewer than 5% fall into the knife aficionado category like yourself and many "on this forum". The other 15% or so fall somewhere in the middle....like your Mom....and me ...and many others.....some want and enjoy sharpening by hand...others dont....but want to do more than the first category...It does not make a CC wrong.....is it as good as stones...HECK NO.....never said that....never would. But for some it may be the "best" they are willing to do.....and Edgecraft seems like a pretty successful company. And I see many professional sharpeners listed here on the forum...many well respected and successful.....so I wonder why if "everyone" should do it themselves, are they still in business...I think because alot of people dont care to do it themselves....My point is...everyone is different and has different motivations.....I concede you are MORE right....but that does not make someone else of a different opinion wrong.

I came to ask a Kitchen Knife question on THE KITCHEN KNIFE FORUM.....I was trying to get opinions/education based on MY criteria......what I ( and we) got from several....not all...... was a sophomoric, condescending, elitist, and intolerant one-sided discussion.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    This reminds me of the guy at work and his stance on how the dinosaurs were never real, and people put the bones in the ground. After a while you let him go thinking he has a point.
    Chewie's the man.

The pull-through water-wheel thingie from Global works too if you are prepared to accept a lower standard.

probably less than 1% population use proper J. nakiri though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    This reminds me of the guy at work and his stance on how the dinosaurs were never real, and people put the bones in the ground. After a while you let him go thinking he has a point.
    lol, related to this guy perhaps?

I guess if that general can get his head around being asked those questions from a sitting US senator, then it shouldn't blow my mind so much that this is even a discussion on KKF.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Well there is that museum in Kentucky that proves his point.

Dinosaurs are not here because they were to big to fit on the Boat two by two

+ Reply to Thread