Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKerr

Reaction score
Not sure about the rules regarding direct links, so I won't post any. But Yamakawa have some Masamoto KS and swedish stainless wa gyutos in stock for pretty good prices. I picked up a KS gyuto from them earlier in the year and they were pretty quick to ship and easy to deal with; don't come with the saya though.

I was kinda tempted to get the stainless version, but I didn't care much for the KS in the first place, so...meh.

Cheers and sorry if I broke any rules.

Josh

Unless it's on GLOBAL rakuten, the ordering system doesn't allow for international orders.

yoshikanes sk steel are there somewhere. around $240ish for a 270mm, i think. good luck with the searching system lol,it is pretty terrible to use.

Just do a google search for "rakuten store yamakawa", should come up with a link to their shop front. And it is on Global Rakuten, dunno where they ship to, but if they do Australia, I'd imagine most places.

Wow that is a very competitive price. I paid a lot more for my Masamoto SW. :)

They ship around the world. No discount shipping like you might get from a few other notable sellers in Japan though, and they will declare full value for customs.

They ship around the world. No discount shipping like you might get from a few other notable sellers in Japan though, and they will declare full value for customs.

True. I just received a 240 KS from them for $201, shipping $12 to the U.S. Ordering process was smooth as silk---it really helps if you sign up for a Rakuten membership first. They have the 240 Swedish for $220.

Korin's price on the Swedish is $358 normally, $304 (15% off) for July.

yoshikanes sk steel are there somewhere. around $240ish for a 270mm, i think. good luck with the searching system lol,it is pretty terrible to use.

sub $200 for a 240mm SKD hammered, bargain. Although I much prefer the kasumi personally.

There are some very interesting Yoshikanes on there - A blue #1 suminagashi with a forged integral bolster and western handle resembling the type seen on some vintage Sheffields. Expensive mind!

I just released a 270 from my cart and there's 240s there as well. fyi these do not come with the masamoto saya.
cheers!

there are 2 ks in stock. please someone get em, i wont be able to resist for long. i allready had em in my cart twice.

im very proud of beeing able to resist this and think im gonna reward myself with buying a takeda sujihiki :)

I'm itching to pull the trigger on one of these. CAn someone tell me if the KS is actually dead flat towards the heel? I love the look of the profile, but I'm hoping there's still a subtle curve except for maybe the last inch or so. I need just a little curve for things like chopping herbs and garlic and such, anything with too long of a flat spot just feels clunky.

looks low, I would say it's a suji.

But what do I know... What he said.

Last edited:
They're gyutos - you can confirm the ID of the Masamoto knives on JCK's website.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on one of these. CAn someone tell me if the KS is actually dead flat towards the heel? I love the look of the profile, but I'm hoping there's still a subtle curve except for maybe the last inch or so. I need just a little curve for things like chopping herbs and garlic and such, anything with too long of a flat spot just feels clunky.

only 1/3 from heel is dead flat........
20130802_191311_zps11a55346.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was about to hop on one of these until I saw Devin's ITK signup thread yesterday, and got on the list! Still tempted though...

again I miss out on it, doh....

There is still a 270 available. In fact I bought a 240 and think I would prefer a 270. So if someone wants a 240 I will be glad to swap:>)

Latest posts

Back