Quantcast
Masamoto gyutos on rakuten. - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

$258 for a ks 270mm with free shipping is pretty nice. anybody see the swedish stainless KS anywhere? i forget which store offers those

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    $258 for a ks 270mm with free shipping is pretty nice. anybody see the swedish stainless KS anywhere? i forget which store offers those
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/subaru/item/sw3127/

I believe that's it, in the masamoto catalog the Swedish series is all SWXXXX

Very cheap too... can someone attest to the quality and that they aren't seconds? AFAIK masamoto sohonten had very little stock left of the KS and SW gyuto's a couple months ago. Koki said that he would be getting more towards the start of December... So maybe they just have a good deal going with masamoto.

review of the swedish stainless version
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...Wa-Gyuto-240mm

Quote Originally Posted by Nmko View Post
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/subaru/item/sw3127/

I believe that's it, in the masamoto catalog the Swedish series is all SWXXXX

Very cheap too... can someone attest to the quality and that they aren't seconds? AFAIK masamoto sohonten had very little stock left of the KS and SW gyuto's a couple months ago. Koki said that he would be getting more towards the start of December... So maybe they just have a good deal going with masamoto.
    Can't comment on the Masamoto's. But my Sugimoto's were BNIB and in perfect condition. Well packaged and all. I'll assume that these don't come with a saya as with the Masamoto's from Yamakawa, but that's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JKerr View Post
    Can't comment on the Masamoto's. But my Sugimoto's were BNIB and in perfect condition. Well packaged and all. I'll assume that these don't come with a saya as with the Masamoto's from Yamakawa, but that's just a guess.

Good to know!
    After contacting the site owner it turns out he has all the sayas listed on his site apparently. They are reasonably priced and masamoto branded... 3200 yen for a 165 saya is pretty good.

I ordered a couple of masamoto SW's from subaros shop more than 2 months ago. It looked like they were in stock, but they werent :/ Then a mail said a bit later that the waiting time would be 2 months. I said ok, and started waiting. After around 1,5 months the money that was used when i bought it found its way back into my account. After that i sent a couple of emails asking what has happened, but no answers. I must have done something wrong, but i dont know what. It doesnt matter anymore, cause i bought other knives, but its still weird. I wonder if im in a couple of months is going to get a mail from them saying the knives has come in stock... Going to be interesting anyway.

I was looking through the Subaru store, and found this knife bag, I thought it looked pretty cool for the price, I'll see what it's like when it shows up
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/s..._browsehist_en
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Definitely interested to find out the quality of that bag... Looks very nice for the price!

That's the kind of bag I use, but in black. I like it, but it's not for everyone. Rather than having slots or compartments inside, it's an open cavity with two pairs of tie down straps. It fits a lot of knives, but you'll want to have sayas or edge guards for them, and it doesn't hold tools very well, unless you don't mind them loose inside. The vinyl is good and thick, but I do wish it was actual leather.

Guys, Korin has that kind of bag, I just bought one in black for $82.

Go and check it out. It suits me nicely since all my knives have saya or sheath.

Ferry
    I see, I like, I cut!