Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

Not sure about the rules regarding direct links, so I won't post any. But Yamakawa have some Masamoto KS and swedish stainless wa gyutos in stock for pretty good prices. I picked up a KS gyuto from them earlier in the year and they were pretty quick to ship and easy to deal with; don't come with the saya though.

I was kinda tempted to get the stainless version, but I didn't care much for the KS in the first place, so...meh.

Cheers and sorry if I broke any rules.

Josh

Unless it's on GLOBAL rakuten, the ordering system doesn't allow for international orders.

yoshikanes sk steel are there somewhere. around $240ish for a 270mm, i think. good luck with the searching system lol,it is pretty terrible to use.

Just do a google search for "rakuten store yamakawa", should come up with a link to their shop front. And it is on Global Rakuten, dunno where they ship to, but if they do Australia, I'd imagine most places.

Wow that is a very competitive price. I paid a lot more for my Masamoto SW.

They ship around the world. No discount shipping like you might get from a few other notable sellers in Japan though, and they will declare full value for customs.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    They ship around the world. No discount shipping like you might get from a few other notable sellers in Japan though, and they will declare full value for customs.
    True. I just received a 240 KS from them for $201, shipping $12 to the U.S. Ordering process was smooth as silk---it really helps if you sign up for a Rakuten membership first. They have the 240 Swedish for $220.

Korin's price on the Swedish is $358 normally, $304 (15% off) for July.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    yoshikanes sk steel are there somewhere. around $240ish for a 270mm, i think. good luck with the searching system lol,it is pretty terrible to use.
    sub $200 for a 240mm SKD hammered, bargain. Although I much prefer the kasumi personally.

There are some very interesting Yoshikanes on there - A blue #1 suminagashi with a forged integral bolster and western handle resembling the type seen on some vintage Sheffields. Expensive mind!

damn, sold out already.

I just released a 270 from my cart and there's 240s there as well. fyi these do not come with the masamoto saya.
    cheers!