Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

I really only want the 240, not interested in the 270 as ks's run long already.

For the ones who purchased, were you able to select ferule colour?

were you able to select ferule colour?
    not on rakuten.

Anyone whos got one of these get an email about postage, or did they just ship it?

well, apparently you can't choose the ferrule colour. however, i would ask. i bought mine because i wanted to get rid of the handle and mount a gorgeous stefan keller handle... i thought the ks would come with a standard black ferrule... now guess what, it showed up witha beautiful blonde ferrule... what will i do?

postage: you order it, then you receive an e-mail which adds postage/shipping. once you agree, the knife is shipped. oh, and they won't cheat on the value of the knife just because you would like to save some bucks on customs...

I asked about the ferrule after your post, the answer was this

Goods can send the thing of the color near blond.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll see!

Success! Got one, asked for blonde ferrule. I also asked if he sold sayas on the side also. Let's see what the seller says.

Been wanting to buy this knife for the longest time. I had to thin the herd first to justify it, sold my ux10 gyuto that was basically retired.

My only fear? I really hate d-handles. Will use it first to see, but might have to pony up for a re-handle. It'll be one of my work knifes so nothing too daft, def no bling bling spacers or uber exotic woods.

Looks like one more 240 is available!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Altough it is not a Masamoto , I have bought a Yoshikane SKD 270mm gyuto from a Rakuten seller . Translation and communication was liitle on the painful side. They said it will take 3 months to make one... will see what comes in the mail then

Mine came today, took around two weeks including being held up at customs. I got slammed there, as per usual. Huge box, but very very well packaged. Knife is nice, and it came with a blondish ferrule like I asked for, , has two dark stripes in it.
    Based on this I'd buy from rakuten again

Just bought this a few minutes ago, the last one. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/y...samoto-ks3124/