Quantcast
Suggestions for Gyuto(s) for the left-handed. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions for Gyuto(s) for the left-handed.

If you like 50/50 you can get a Mac Pro, that is definitely made to be a Japanese/European hybrid and isn't asymmetric at all. Was my first upgrade to old Henkels/Wusthof knives and I still am quite fond of it.

+1 for the Mac Pro. I got the MTH-80 not long ago as a factory second on eBay at a great price (smudged kanji printing) and have been very pleasantly surprised by its performance, especially thinness behind the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Sorry forgot to reply to this. It's a Tilman Leder 210 suji, quite a few people have one now, you can see a couple of pics here in my gallery. The asymmetry makes it cut way better, like cutting translucent slices of carrot, my gyutos don't come close to how fine I can get with this. It makes it steer a bit but it's definitely worth it. The food release is also fantastic, as you can see here

Thanks steven! I would try to look around for a Tilman knife but don't really seem to have any that is available.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    What do you like/not like about your current blades? If I were you, I'd just splurge on a Tanaka R2.
    Actually I do not really have a dislike for my current knives, so far most of the knives I have are made out of VG-10, just curious and want to try knives made out of other steel and see what is the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Didn't mean to sound rude, but from re-reading the post it sure sounds that way. Apologies to the OP and anybody else offended.

Cheers!
    No offence taken at all. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    If you like 50/50 you can get a Mac Pro, that is definitely made to be a Japanese/European hybrid and isn't asymmetric at all. Was my first upgrade to old Henkels/Wusthof knives and I still am quite fond of it.
    I would not mind getting a Mac but it just does not sell here (Singapore) and the shipping kills me lol.

For MAC or GLOBAL, try Amazon as sometimes there is a global shipping option. Or eBay.