• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Chinese Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agp

Reaction score
Got a Chinese cleaver I can take off of your hands? Looking for something not too expensive and very easy to sharpen. Function > form. And rust/age is okay.

i have cck1303 if you are interested.
almost new maybe used 2 times.

I have a CCK1303 if you're interested. It looks as ugly as the day I bought it. Looks like Eagle beat me to it. :)

Well it is easier if you get one from inside the US :)

How much would you be looking for, as long as the OP isn't interested eagle?

I haven't really thought about it, not much, I just want something I can practice using a cleaver with...

I have two cheapo small cleavers. One is the CCK1303. The other is the Zhen VG-10 Light Slicer cleaver. They both sharpen up fast, and I don't care about putting anything more than a 1000 to 1200 grit edge on them because of how cheap they are. So my preferred way to get them cutting is to hone them on a 1200 grit ceramic honing rod. I'm a little skeptical of Zhen's VG-10, but the blade is so thin that it doesn't matter. It behaves like a thin cleaver should.

Do you want stainless or carbon? If stainless is okay, then this is hard to beat. I know it says carbon, but I received a stainless bladed knife. It's really pretty nice, cuts well, retains a decent edge, and raises a burr very easily.

You can also still get a Dexter Chinese carbon cleaver for a relatively good price. I happen to prefer the carbon steel version to the stainless.

So much information... I am located in the US, so shipping cost is a concern, especially since I do not want a super expensive knife.

I would like a carbon steel one. No Japanese writings on it please, Chinese is okay. It is a Chinese cleaver, after all.

Picture = thousand words.

Thinner = preferred.

You can have this CCK, that Nochop is using right now assuming he dosen't want to keep it. You are also welcome to borrow it for a while just to try out a cleaver

IMG_4109.jpg

It's your CCK but you lent it to Nochop? Should I contact him to see what's up or wait to hear from you once you get it back from Nochop?

Contact nochop he can ship it to you when he is done.

agp, I think this fits the bill for you perfectly.

I'll get in contact with you asap, as I'm on vacation next week....

Taking the deal from mhenry and no chop!

Thread closed

Back