Quantcast
Headed to Minneapolis next week...any KKFers want to meet? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Headed to Minneapolis next week...any KKFers want to meet?

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Parma 8200 in Bloomington.

k.
    That's pretty close to my hotel...excellent!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Snap. I just checked. You are seeing Gogol Bardello aren't you. Good venue too.

The more the merrier if anyone wants to join in.

I have some fun stuff for the new menu that should be ready by Friday for sampling too.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Marvel bar could be a fun place to meet. Plus they are used to Drinky whipping out blades.
    Plus they also have Will Catchside's cocktail spoon that I had made a while back. Btw, Pip was just in the July Food & Wine issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    Snap. I just checked. You are seeing Gogol Bardello aren't you. Good venue too.
    Yeah, it's a fun venue. But the last time I saw them there the bruises on my body were not insignificant. I was hurting for a while. But now I am older and wiser -- I think...

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Friday plans sound good. I like Charlie's place: good food, nice patio and a pool table for laying out knives.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

D@mmit, i forgot my roll.

Also, i know thats not your photo in your avatar, Mr Drinky....but i cant seem to shake the expectation that you will look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Also, i know thats not your photo in your avatar, Mr Drinky....but i cant seem to shake the expectation that you will look like that.
    Yeah, I get that quite a bit. That's why I often go shirtless at these gatherings. BUT I will have just seen my avatar in concert, so he will be in town somewhere.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

That would be pretty funny to go up to him and start calling him Karring or Mr. Drinky - Hahaha - I can just see him going ***?!?!?!

I don't care about his shirt or lack there of or if he starts wearin' purple, wearin' purple as long as he brings that new wootz slicer.

also: Simpsons knife avatar high-five.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Z - If you are in Mpls for a while make sure you hit the Butcher and the Boar too. That was a fun and fantastic meal on my last trip.
    Solid recco. Took a couple of colleagues here for dinner tonight.

Had the Hawaiian Tuna "kimchee poke," which was a refreshing take on raw tuna; the red hot brussel sprouts, which is sprouts pan roasted in butter and Frank's Red Hot, I love sprouts so this was a very welcome change; stuffed jalepeno apps, there was a bit too much cream cheese in these for me, esp with the sweet sauce and golden raisins, but was pleased to see fresh japs with a grilled, smoky flavor; the grilled oysters were excellent as well.

Going to try 112 Eatery tomorrow night...probably

I will bring the slicer. Actually used it tonight on some salmon.

There is also a chance I might make the Parma reservation. Let me know if it is ok to bring some good wine.

k.

+ Reply to Thread