Headed to Minneapolis next week...any KKFers want to meet?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Once again, my employer has deemed I leave the solitude of my home office. So I'm headed up to Minneapolis on Monday and will leave sometime between Friday and Sunday, depending on how many/when KKF folks want to meet.

Looking forward to meeting more awesome peeps.

I will be in Minneapolis on Friday with family. We will be staying around Chuckles' restaurant, so it might work out to meet there. I'll have to check with the wife and figure out when we get into town. I'm heading to a concert later. There might be an opportunity after the show too.

k.

I'm loving the idea of meeting at a KKFers resto!

I just went there for the 1st time a month or so ago. Weather was great, which seems to be the main mark against the city. Friendly, clean, seems like a great city...and freaking green. Trees, vines, whatever was everywhere. I guess I have been in So. Cal. too long, though I spent enough years in the Midwest. Hit is before it got hot and humid, obviously not in the cold. Went to a Twins game and just explored the city. I love the skywalk downtown.

I am in the woods right now and just saw this. I am back Monday and am up for anything. I will add if you come to my place especially during the week we need to plan for what to do after it dies dead at 9:00pm. #rockinthesuburbs

Z - If you are in Mpls for a while make sure you hit the Butcher and the Boar too. That was a fun and fantastic meal on my last trip.

The butcher and boar is one of the latest kitchens open too -- if you're running late. I still have to say that after 15+ visits, the Bachelor Farmer is still my favorite. Eat at the bar in the restaurant and then go down to the Marvel Bar for a drink before heading home. I'm also a fan of Piccolo on Bryant, though I haven't been there in about a year. The kitchen bar at Borough is also a fun place if you are eating alone, and you can check out the knives of the cooks there.

k.

The bar a at 112 Eatery is my pick for solo dining.

Will you be staying downtown?

Marvel bar could be a fun place to meet. Plus they are used to Drinky whipping out blades. :bigeek:

I'm staying in Eagan as that's where the office is, but I have a car, and a GPS.

Are you in Guatemala K? When you back and is your Fri show downtown?

I'm in Atlanta now on my way back to MSP. I will actually be eating at Parma tonight to wait out rush hour traffic.

The concert is at the Cabooze, but I am staying at the Sofitel. All the hotels were booked up downtown in preparation for Zwiefel coming ;)

k.

All the hotels were booked up downtown in preparation for Zwiefel coming ;)

HA! D@mn right they are!

I made it in safely last night, I'm at a hotel in Eagan.

How does Thur night work for everybody?

Mr. Drinky, Heldentor, Justin0505, Chuckles?

I'm in. Should be done working by 8:30 at latest. (fingers crossed)

Wanna come to my spot or go somewhere else?
For realz no pressure to come to my restaurant.

I'm in. Should be done working by 8:30 at latest. (fingers crossed)

Wanna come to my spot or go somewhere else?
For realz no pressure to come to my restaurant.

Would love to come there!

I probably won't be able to make it on Thursday. If you are around Friday maybe.

k.

I'll def be around on Friday...in fact, it's looking like I'll be here through mon/tues of next week as well.

Anybody else in for Thur/Fri?

I can definitely be there Thursday either early or late. Might have a conflict right around 9. Venue-wise, I'll let Zwiefel call it; 112 Eatery, Butcher and the Boar, Marvel Bar, Charlie's place all sound great to me.

Looking like Friday Night is better. I like the idea of meeting at Chuck's place...not sure if he'll be able to visit us on a Fri night though. Maybe much later?

So four people under the name Zwiefel at say 7:30? Hopefully I'll be able to join before you guys are done eating.

Sounds like that time won't work for Karring but we can meet up with him after his show. His hotel is close to Parma.

Just curious, what's the name of the restaurant and what part of town?

So four people under the name Zwiefel at say 7:30? Hopefully I'll be able to join before you guys are done eating.

Sounds like that time won't work for Karring but we can meet up with him after his show. His hotel is close to Parma.

I'm there. See you guys in a few days.

Was going to try 112 Eatery tonight...but they didn't have any reservations available before 8:30. Going to hit them up Thur night though.

Sounds great...and NO ONE will just guess that name.

Just curious, what's the name of the restaurant and what part of town?

Yeah...I'll need this too :)

You're welcome to join us Salty...bit of a drive though....

Latest posts

Back