Quantcast
100 degrees and knife shop - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 degrees and knife shop

Bill, Et All. I used to be into Water fasting (that was before my Charcutterie days ;-)) I used to do seven days of water only except for these supplements. I'm not saying they're the best, jsut that they do work very very well.

http://www.succeedscaps.com/products/s_caps/
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Thanks again everyone. It is kind of funny but I KNOW about doing all these things that everybody has suggested. I was an EMT for over twenty years and just because my card expired dosen't mean that I forgot everything I know on the expiration date. It is kind of stupid on my part to let myself get this far gone though. I ran out of water in the fridge and didn't want to stop long enough to go and refill the water bottles. What a dumb ass I am. I will be sure and be more careful in the future.

Hey Bill
    Here in Redding in the last few weeks its been as high as 113 degrees I feel your pain.

I worked in a butcher shop with no A/C where it gets above 100 in the summer. Came very close to passing out. It is a bad idea not to have A/C in a butcher shop of all things.

My shop is in the basement. Cold in the winter, but comfortable in the summer (especially after I put in industrial dehumidifier, as we have had rain after rain).

Working in the heat, is tough. Sorry, Bill -

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Bill, my dad was a navy corpsman in Vietnam. When his marines got heat exhaustion and dehydration he would make them eat a can of stewed tomatoes, later when he was stationed in Barstow, California he would make them drink a can of v8. He said, there is a point where water doesn't help you if you throw your electrolytes out of balance. The salts and minerals in a can of v8 actually restore you pretty quick. I have tried it when I lived in Phoenix and when I was working out in ElCentro, Ca. 125 degrees plus is no joke. Works pretty damn quick. a hell of alot better than gatorade. Drink plenty of water and keep a couple of cans of v8 laying around, not the low sodium kind. be well
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Son that's a pretty interesting trick. As much as I hate tomatoes, it sounds useful.

I wonder if it would a good for pre-exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    I worked in a butcher shop with no A/C where it gets above 100 in the summer. Came very close to passing out. It is a bad idea not to have A/C in a butcher shop of all things.
    The last butcher shop I saw in 100 degrees heat was at an open market somewhere in Morocco where the pieces of a goat were hanging among the flies. One would wish that there aren't too many of those in the US...

...and now I have to go and buy some V8

Stefan

Coconut water is suppose to be a good jump start to rehydrate.

Guys at work use alkaline water....which I think is just snake oil.

Its not that hot here, but I was taking a lot of creatine which seems to double the required hydration level, so I felt like crap for a while.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    I'll give that a try Sachem, I don't really care for the straight up v-8 juice but do like the spicy stuff.

This actually seems like it is turning into a thread that is helpful for everyone.

Thanks Guys