Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 degrees and knife shop

Bill, Et All. I used to be into Water fasting (that was before my Charcutterie days ;-)) I used to do seven days of water only except for these supplements. I'm not saying they're the best, jsut that they do work very very well.

http://www.succeedscaps.com/products/s_caps/
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Thanks again everyone. It is kind of funny but I KNOW about doing all these things that everybody has suggested. I was an EMT for over twenty years and just because my card expired dosen't mean that I forgot everything I know on the expiration date. It is kind of stupid on my part to let myself get this far gone though. I ran out of water in the fridge and didn't want to stop long enough to go and refill the water bottles. What a dumb ass I am. I will be sure and be more careful in the future.

Hey Bill
    Here in Redding in the last few weeks its been as high as 113 degrees I feel your pain.

I worked in a butcher shop with no A/C where it gets above 100 in the summer. Came very close to passing out. It is a bad idea not to have A/C in a butcher shop of all things.

My shop is in the basement. Cold in the winter, but comfortable in the summer (especially after I put in industrial dehumidifier, as we have had rain after rain).

Working in the heat, is tough. Sorry, Bill -

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Bill, my dad was a navy corpsman in Vietnam. When his marines got heat exhaustion and dehydration he would make them eat a can of stewed tomatoes, later when he was stationed in Barstow, California he would make them drink a can of v8. He said, there is a point where water doesn't help you if you throw your electrolytes out of balance. The salts and minerals in a can of v8 actually restore you pretty quick. I have tried it when I lived in Phoenix and when I was working out in ElCentro, Ca. 125 degrees plus is no joke. Works pretty damn quick. a hell of alot better than gatorade. Drink plenty of water and keep a couple of cans of v8 laying around, not the low sodium kind. be well
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Son that's a pretty interesting trick. As much as I hate tomatoes, it sounds useful.

I wonder if it would a good for pre-exercise?
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    I worked in a butcher shop with no A/C where it gets above 100 in the summer. Came very close to passing out. It is a bad idea not to have A/C in a butcher shop of all things.
    The last butcher shop I saw in 100 degrees heat was at an open market somewhere in Morocco where the pieces of a goat were hanging among the flies. One would wish that there aren't too many of those in the US...

...and now I have to go and buy some V8

Stefan

Coconut water is suppose to be a good jump start to rehydrate.

Guys at work use alkaline water....which I think is just snake oil.

Its not that hot here, but I was taking a lot of creatine which seems to double the required hydration level, so I felt like crap for a while.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    I'll give that a try Sachem, I don't really care for the straight up v-8 juice but do like the spicy stuff.

This actually seems like it is turning into a thread that is helpful for everyone.

Thanks Guys