Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gesshin 400 passaround

Got it today. Have soon knives in need of attention this weekend. Someone dropped of a chipped Myabi and a bag of Henkels for starters. Will be done over the weekend.

Used it along side a Beston 500 and diamond plate. Didn't need as much soak time to be effective. Felt much smoother, although it worked as quickly. The Beston feels unrefined by comparison. The Geshin 400 felt easier to control if that makes any sense. A big improvement for just a few more dollars. Just waiting for shipping info. Thank you once again K-Fed. I hope to return the favor at some point.

You're more than welcome. I believe brainsausage, or crothcipt are next on the list whenever you're ready to pass it on. =)
    Don't touch my d!ck. Dont touch my knife. ~ Anthony Bourdain ~

Just received it yesterday, haven't had a chance to put it to work yet. Although I have been snacking on the delicious homemade toffee that Mike sent along with it Best passaround ever!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

The bags were sitting right next to the stone before shipping. Needed something to pack with it

Crap, I'm really sorry that this hasn't been sent forward yet. The last couple months have been murder schedule wise. I'm in to work before the post office is open, and out loooong after it closes, and completely burn out and brain dead come Monday when I've had a day off. I honestly hadn't realized how long it'd been till I looked back here to see who was next on the list. Apologies to everyone ahead of me(and to K-Fed, as I'm sure you want this back at some point...). I'll have this out as soon as I hear back from crothcipt.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Is there a way to still get in on this? Have a few that could use some work and wouldn't mind trying before buying.
    Have a knife day!

looks pretty good. Seems like the next stone on the list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jvanis View Post
    Is there a way to still get in on this? Have a few that could use some work and wouldn't mind trying before buying.
    Even if you dont get a chance to try it, buy this stone! Its about as good as it gets at 400grit. This and chosera.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Got here last week some time (didn't go to the mail box until after the snow quit). Will give it a go sometime this week, and hopefully off by the weekend.
    Chewie's the man.