Gesshin 400 passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Fed

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of people that are interested in, or would like to try this stone. If you are one of these people... here is your chance. Lower 48 only please, and usual passaround rules apply. Insurance for $75 would also be appreciated.

i am a proud owner, just be careful it's so pleasant to use you might end up with just a handle, this thing can cut like a mother

i am a proud owner, just be careful it's so pleasant to use you might end up with just a handle, this thing can cut like a mother
+1. I said this to another member. It's a very silky feeling coarse stone. Almost feels like a 400 grit version of the rika. I've caught myself spending too much time on it just because I like how it feels.

its a great stone, you guys should probably make plans to buy one after the passaround...

Ok, Sorry that I've been dragging my feet a bit about getting this thing going. The list, and order so far is LOL, Dardeau, Jared08, Mrmnms, Brainsausage, Crothcipt, and Don. I tried to organize this by geographical location to keep shipping as low as possible. If I forgot anyone I apologize, and could you all please send me your addys so I can get it all printed out thanx =)

This should be going out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Been really busy lately.

yes it did. i already set a couple of bevels. the stone raises burrs so quickly. and it really stands out on stainless knives IMO. doesnt dry out quickly unlike other low grit stones either. a real joy to use.

this stone is just awesome,i was leaning towards a gesshin splash and go 600, but this stone is just too impressive to pass up. its a deceptively fast cutting stone, i raised huge burrs on several different knives very quickly. i also thinned my kato alittle and i was very impressed with the results. i plan on shipping it out to whoever is next within the next few days. thanks again kfed.

Dardeau is next on the list if you haven't sent it out already. I tried getting in touch a while back to get his/her address but haven't heard back yet.

Sorry, my pm must have gotten lost. I bought one of these, so I'm out on the passaround. Thanks for the offer!

Sorry, my pm must have gotten lost. I bought one of these, so I'm out on the passaround. Thanks for the offer!

No worries, If you would still like to share you thoughts on the stone in this thread feel free =). Next on the list is Jared08 if it hasn't gone out already.

any word on the stone? still with ya LOL?

I like it so far, I've not had the time to do a lot. Most of my work knives are at home awaiting attention right now, the situation is about to get critical. The 400 is about to get a workout though. I knocked my deba into the ice well of my fish table while rassling a 47 pound lemonfish into position and it hit the stainless and chipped pretty nastily at the tip. I'll post up a review after I put the fix on it

Sorry, I still got it. The engine in my truck is shot, so I've been having transportation issues....I'll get it in the mail in the next 2 days.

No worries. There aren't a ton of ya on the pass around list so no hurry.

Dardeau, Oh man, I'm feeling your pain. Especially when you have such a prize fish to butcher. Talk about a case of blue b_ _ _.

I like it so far, I've not had the time to do a lot. Most of my work knives are at home awaiting attention right now, the situation is about to get critical. The 400 is about to get a workout though. I knocked my deba into the ice well of my fish table while rassling a 47 pound lemonfish into position and it hit the stainless and chipped pretty nastily at the tip. I'll post up a review after I put the fix on it

Any update on the whereabouts, and or comments on the stone?

Stone will be in the hands of mrmns soon. Usps has it atm.

Latest posts

Back