Hello from Austin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leer1217

Reaction score
Hey folks, I just posted in the kitchen knife forum and kind of introduced myself as well as asked a knife question. Probably should have done this one first. Oops! Just wanted to say hello and happy to have of found this site! :lol2:

Thanks everybody! There's so much info on this board I'm having trouble taking everything in!

Welcome! I'm new here too. Where bouts in Austin? I'm up north close to Cedar Park.

Welcome! I'm new here too. Where bouts in Austin? I'm up north close to Cedar Park.

i'm down south, off of slaughter and 35 pretty much. i work downtown though, warehouse district. glad to see a fellow austinite!

Welcome! My name is Austin, but I moved out of the city a few years ago. What area of town are you in?

Austin and Leer1217,

With Austin BOOMING as a culinary hot spot....and absolutely No good store front to visit for cutlery, especially Japanese Cutlery, I'm thinking we should partner up and open a Japanese Knife Store Down town. Offer company discounts to businesses like Qui, Uchi and Uchiko, Barley Swine, the list goes on and on. ...We'd make a Killing!!! Lol.

Austin and Leer1217,

With Austin BOOMING as a culinary hot spot....and absolutely No good store front to visit for cutlery, especially Japanese Cutlery, I'm thinking we should partner up and open a Japanese Knife Store Down town. Offer company discounts to businesses like Qui, Uchi and Uchiko, Barley Swine, the list goes on and on. ...We'd make a Killing!!! Lol.

I was thinking about this the other day. It's hard to pick a knife without being able to hold it in your hand and get a feel for it. I think it would definitely do well in a city like Austin.

so....do we need to draw up a business plan? I could probably score a few investors.

Looks like I need to make another trip till Austin...
Welcome aboard!

Back