Quantcast
Review Richmond Artifex M390 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review Richmond Artifex M390

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    ...I kind of wonder if anyone who was interested in buying it would actually care to watch more than a minute or two, and if it might only be the Artiflex enemies that would see it all through. (Probably.)
    Not necessarily the case. I am no fan or enemy really -- I don't care to think in those terms. With that said, I stupidly recommended someone try the AEB-L version a while back when they asked me for a knife under $100 and after seeing this, I now feel like crap. So I am probably going to have to pony up and buy them a replacement knife to make things right again. After seeing the photos and this video I would simply not recommend this knife to anyone at this point. Even if some turn out 'ok', the variable quality should be enough to scare most people off -- unless Ken finish sharpens it I guess

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Smashing kens sharpening stones was pretty epic. I would like to see more of that!

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    I have never heard of Cliff but I am a fan, check out this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4LMFBaYIns
    I've always appreciated Cliff Stamp's contributions. However, weak they might have been, other's contributions were weaker, in general. That said, that's the first CS video I've ever seen and it was hilarious. On another note, I received a Richmond Ultimatum in M390 a while back. I can confirm the steel is fairly wear resistant and that the grind was $hit. The knife was bent significantly. The tip was ground very thin while the other two thirds of the length were hardly ground at all. The handle was too small and it was really couldn't be called a "cutter" awful or otherwise. I've since reground the knife. It is shorter but cuts a lot better and I'll be sending it off to its owner after the WCG.

I just love how our membership takes products like this and with a bit of effort turns them in to the best tool they can be. Can't fix the HT of course...but probably a decent value for the price at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I've always appreciated Cliff Stamp's contributions. However, weak they might have been, other's contributions were weaker, in general. That said, that's the first CS video I've ever seen and it was hilarious. On another note, I received a Richmond Ultimatum in M390 a while back. I can confirm the steel is fairly wear resistant and that the grind was $hit. The knife was bent significantly. The tip was ground very thin while the other two thirds of the length were hardly ground at all. The handle was too small and it was really couldn't be called a "cutter" awful or otherwise. I've since reground the knife. It is shorter but cuts a lot better and I'll be sending it off to its owner after the WCG.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    I've found, in general, Cliff Stamp to be honest, straight forward and generally more knowledgeable than most, not withstanding....frequently a PIA. I know nothing about this knife, and frankly am not even tempted to find out about it on a personal level.

Thinking it over, must add....the idea that Cliff Stamp has ANY sense of humor of any kind, however condescending. was so surprising that I found myself quite entertained by the video. l-)

Did the accent seem affected to anyone else?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Did the accent seem affected to anyone else?
    Not really. Why should it?

Sounds like Newfie accent

OK. I wouldn't recognize that if my life depended on it...nor would it make any difference in my opinion of his knife review. Shrug